Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Default Black: The new color of privilege

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=89891

can some Mod move this to the Woodshed, thanks.

Last edited by Hughes_GOAT; 02-27-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:42 AM
logrus

Were still paying for all the years when African Americans were not even given the time of day.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Black Mamba

This is an interesting article, not sure how to take it yet. I'll have to re-read it again later. Hell's Kitchen is coming on.

I will say, my intial thoughts, I like to know where blacks are getting these privileges at. It sure as heck is not in San Diego. In San Diego, if you don't speak espanol then you're treated like poo. Hispanics get better home and car loans, there ain't nothing for blacks.

As for college, I run into more Hispanics, Arabics, and other minorities with an exception of blacks. I'm lucky to see maybe one other black student in a classroom.

And then what about these "privileges" for the blacks in the South? The ones who can't get out of the projects?

Maybe I'm taking this article out of context, but that's how I feel.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 PM
County Mike

That is an interesting article. As for Eric Holder claiming Americans are "cowards" for not talking about race more, I completely disagree. I think we don't talk about race as much because it's less of an issue to most of us.

Personally, I don't care what color a person is. I only care how they act and treat others. I'll talk about that. I'll call someone an a-hole if they act like one. I'll call someone a nice person if they're nice. Color means nothing. Talking about it will just bring up more racial tensions. Let it go and act like it doesn't mean anything - because it doesn't.

As far as the "Privilege" part of the article, I don't really get that either. I don't agree with decisions being made based on race. It shouldn't happen regardless of which color is being favored.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Were still paying for all the years when African Americans were not even given the time of day.
Do you think we should be?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
That is an interesting article. As for Eric Holder claiming Americans are "cowards" for not talking about race more, I completely disagree. I think we don't talk about race as much because it's less of an issue to most of us.

Personally, I don't care what color a person is. I only care how they act and treat others. I'll talk about that. I'll call someone an a-hole if they act like one. I'll call someone a nice person if they're nice. Color means nothing. Talking about it will just bring up more racial tensions. Let it go and act like it doesn't mean anything - because it doesn't.

As far as the "Privilege" part of the article, I don't really get that either. I don't agree with decisions being made based on race. It shouldn't happen regardless of which color is being favored.
I agree with that ... a-holes come in all different colours and if you are an a-hole, you are an a-hole ...
Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Do you think we should be?
That is the million dollar question ... and if I were to weigh everything up, I would say Yes .... Do I think blacks have the same opportunties as everyone else? Yes .. but do I think they are treated the same? No ... I know most will probably agree and