Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-28-2010, 11:40 PM

i think boxing is lame lame lame

i would enjoy participating a little bit, but as far as spectator it is worse than soccer or hockey imho

BUT my point is.... boxers are the ones claiming they can beat up any mmartist, not the other way around

i don't think gsp is much of a threat in the ring, but NO BOXER will ever step in the octagon with gsp and stay standing long. Period.

boxers need to wake up and smell the coffee, as far as pure fighting ability, they would never beat up a good mmartist.

i would wager matt could win a mma match with any heavyweight boxer you put in front of him, any boxer, past or present

boxers are truly one dimensional

it would look like royce gracie in ufc 1
Old 08-28-2010, 11:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
If they are boxing, Toney
In mma, Randy

If Randy wins tonight, it proves that mma fighters are better at mma than boxers. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. I hope most fans will keep this in mind.
I don't think it proves anything.

I think it's two men in their 40's going into a fight, and one of them is notorious for being out of shape and looking for paychecks at the end of his career. I think there are some very high level Boxers who would transition nicely into MMA and pose a real threat. There are also some high level boxers who have already been training in other skill-sets for years.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i think boxing is lame lame lame

i would enjoy participating a little bit, but as far as spectator it is worse than soccer or hockey imho

BUT my point is.... boxers are the ones claiming they can beat up any mmartist, not the other way around

i don't think gsp is much of a threat in the ring, but NO BOXER will ever step in the octagon with gsp and stay standing long. Period.

boxers need to wake up and smell the coffee, as far as pure fighting ability, they would never beat up a good mmartist.

i would wager matt could win a mma match with any heavyweight boxer you put in front of him, any boxer, past or present

boxers are truly one dimensional

it would look like royce gracie in ufc 1
Wow...no respect.

Sorry man, I absolutely think you are dead wrong.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:57 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
have you ever watched a hockey game? It's the most fast paced, and very physical as well..It's non-stop action damn near the whole game....I think if you would get to know how the game works and the rules and such, and then tried to watch it again, you would fall in love

Sorry for bringing this off-topic, but I'm passionate about hockey haha...I love all sports(except soccer, but that's ok to watch live, just not on the tv), but I'd rather watch a high school women's hockey game than an MLB game...and that's not me being a hater because I love baseball too, its just a large gap
Old 08-28-2010, 11:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

No matter what happens in this fight tonight, Boxing is a sport of warriors, just like MMA.

I don't call this boring...especially the part that starts at 1:14...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI9p5M8J2aE

I'm sure James Toney LOVES that highlight...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:20 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
No matter what happens in this fight tonight, Boxing is a sport of warriors, just like MMA.

I don't call this boring...especially the part that starts at 1:14...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI9p5M8J2aE

I'm sure James Toney LOVES that highlight...
Cool video. I know I've hated on boxing with you before, but it's not necessarily that I hate boxing, It's more that I love old school boxing and I hate how its becoming so much about money and fight game politics. The sport itself is still very entertaining though
Old 08-29-2010, 12:49 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Cool video. I know I've hated on boxing with you before, but it's not necessarily that I hate boxing, It's more that I love old school boxing and I hate how its becoming so much about money and fight game politics. The sport itself is still very entertaining though
I hear ya...politics can suck for us as fans sometimes, but it can also be good in the long run depending on the situation. It truly is a matter of apples and oranges with how the two sports are run. Both have positives and negatives without a doubt.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:54 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I hear ya...politics can suck for us as fans sometimes, but it can also be good in the long run depending on the situation. It truly is a matter of apples and oranges with how the two sports are run. Both have positives and negatives without a doubt.
agreed

and even though I'm am curious to see this fight, I know that it doesn't say anything about the two sports respectively...MMA fighter will usually beat boxer in mma and vice versa...This shouldn't be a case of who is better
Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
agreed

and even though I'm am curious to see this fight, I know that it doesn't say anything about the two sports respectively...MMA fighter will usually beat boxer in mma and vice versa...This shouldn't be a case of who is better
Ya know, at least it creates interest even if it's not worth anything else. People are definitely curious.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:59 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Ya know, at least it creates interest even if it's not worth anything else. People are definitely curious.
yeah that's what Dana and the uFC is going for with this matchup...the fight itself means basically nothing, but it gets people interested

Prelims are on spike now..Gonna take WInner and Lauzon to win these