Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-26-2010, 05:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

best part of that fight was RJJ showboating than toney doing the same thinking he can get away with it .. boom ... LOL ..

oh, and is this fight at 205? cuz there is no way that toney makes weight ...
Old 08-26-2010, 06:05 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
best part of that fight was RJJ showboating than toney doing the same thinking he can get away with it .. boom ... LOL ..

oh, and is this fight at 205? cuz there is no way that toney makes weight ...
This fight is at HW...Toney should come in around 217-220
Old 08-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Rev

Toney looked like crap dude. I figured he would have gotten into better shape than that.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Toney looked like crap dude. I figured he would have gotten into better shape than that.
Yeah, I was under the impression that he was coming in around 217-220 for this fight...when he got on the scale and they said 237 I just laughed.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:44 PM
matthughesfan21

He looked terrible at the weigh ins...I don't know if he is coming in bigger to try and make it more difficult for Randy to takedown...but he doesn't appear to be in good shape at all
Old 08-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yeah, I was under the impression that he was coming in around 217-220 for this fight...when he got on the scale and they said 237 I just laughed.
when you said that he would come in around 217-220, I thought you had an inside scoop and got kinda worried for Randy, but now not so much. BUT, make no mistake everyone, on his feet, even a fat and sloppy JT is a threat.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
when you said that he would come in around 217-220, I thought you had an inside scoop and got kinda worried for Randy, but now not so much. BUT, make no mistake everyone, on his feet, even a fat and sloppy JT is a threat.
LOL...my inside scoop was that I didn't think he would come in 20 pounds heavier than his last fight.

I really hope Toney at least gets to land some punches before he gets taken down and beaten up. I have no horse in this race, but I can't see how Randy loses this fight.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Rev

I want everyone to understand that I want Randy to retire. I think he is still a great fighter and in awesome shape, but he is just OLD. I dont want him to end up stupid. If he wasnt fighting someone I couldnt stand I would be pulling for him to get beatwn and give it up. I dont want him to get beat by JT beacuse of the fallout behind it. When I left our boxing gym to do MMA alone, I caught alot of crap from our guys. Most of them have come over and do mma now but I know that there are alot of people just waiting for Randy to get KOed by Toney so they can say that Boxing is better. I hate the thought of that. I just wish people would remember that comparing boxing and mma is apples and oranges. My heart is in MMA now and that is what I am pulling for tonight in this fight.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:21 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Rev, you are 100% right, the two sports are apples and oranges. However, it does flow both ways, and if Randy beats James up, there will be plenty of immature MMA fans who talk crap about Boxing. I personally think it's silly for anybody to buy into tonight's promotion as "MMA vs Boxing", because it's not.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Rev

If they are boxing, Toney
In mma, Randy

If Randy wins tonight, it proves that mma fighters are better at mma than boxers. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. I hope most fans will keep this in mind.