Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Would be a great fight, and both have a lot to prove, even though it feels wrong saying that, there is a lot on the line.

Randy's reputation has taken a battering, this will silence some critics and Nog looked so awful against Mir, he needs to show he is still a force.

I am kinda sad that this isnt the final unification fight for the title, after in an ideal world, Randy had seen to the upstart Brock Lesnar!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Would be a great fight, and both have a lot to prove, even though it feels wrong saying that, there is a lot on the line.

Randy's reputation has taken a battering, this will silence some critics and Nog looked so awful against Mir, he needs to show he is still a force.

I am kinda sad that this isnt the final unification fight for the title, after in an ideal world, Randy had seen to the upstart Brock Lesnar!
Who battered Randy's rep? he startled frate train with a nice cross and would have taken him down if it wasn't for that fence grab.

Nog on the other hand in taking a lot of heat.

I like Nog don't want him to lose but

But Randy 100% all the way baby
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Who battered Randy's rep? he startled frate train with a nice cross and would have taken him down if it wasn't for that fence grab.

Nog on the other hand in taking a lot of heat.

I like Nog don't want him to lose but

But Randy 100% all the way baby
Hey, Randy is and always is a hero in my eyes, and i dont blame him for anything.

However i there are many who criticise him for all that went on, how he left the UFC and all that, then he come back and got beat.

I just think if randy gets in again and does the business then all this politics bull**** is forgotten and it goes back to him being the greatest fighter ever and Captain America!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

This will be a HW bout that will look like a MW bout, I have a feeling. Both guys are class acts all the way and I think they'll bring the best out of eachother!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 PM
hizo64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
This will be a HW bout that will look like a MW bout, I have a feeling. Both guys are class acts all the way and I think they'll bring the best out of eachother!
Agreed! Either way I'll be happy/sad but Im pulling for Captain America!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Couture takes this .. Nog is blind and shouldn't be fighting .. don't know if the SAC is incompetent or someone is paying them off ...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-27-2009, 07:37 PM
lc87
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just wish this fight would have just happened in the first place that way randy didn't have that year off then who knows how he would have fought. A year off then taking on a monster. If he would have had fights inbetween there's no telling if he'd still be the champ
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I sort of got sucked into this huge Randy propaganda machine by the UFC,
but Randy really isn't that respectable of a guy IMO.

He dodged defending his title to Nog and left the UFC for a year,
going bad on his word and his signed contract.
(Sorry, he was getting paid enough)

He did some things on TUF 1 I didn't like.
(favored the guy from his gym, even though he hadn't earned anything,
yet gave some big speech about it being best for the team)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am sad to say this but I think Randy might take Nog at this stage in his career. A couple of years ago Nog would have beaten Randy easily but he is pretty battered lately.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

WAR NOG
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.