Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-01-2009, 05:22 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Told ya
Markham is not a resident though so he will not get free health care
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Markham is not a resident though so he will not get free health care
do you think they'd ask for his passport in hospiatal? trust me if he turned up at A&E in a hospital like Saint Thomas or something, I'm certain they would treat him
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
do you think they'd ask for his passport in hospiatal? trust me if he turned up at A&E in a hospital like Saint Thomas or something, I'm certain they would treat him
if he just turned up passed out on a stretcher Im sure they would treat him (just like if someone shows up at a hospital in the US on a stretcher they will treat them). If he walked in they might ask him for some form of ID and charge him for his visit.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
If he walked in they might ask him for some form of ID and charge him for his visit.
I doubt it Not sure you understand the concept of universal health care, no strings attached
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I doubt it Not sure you understand the concept of universal health care, no strings attached
we have that here too.....but only for illegals
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

In ERs in the US they are not allowed to ask for payment prior to you being seen by the doc. They can ask for registration info and all but the law changed on the payment. So anyone can show up at any ER and be treated without paying first.

In a labor and delivery setting, if you show up, we treat you. We don't ask for payment for that either. The hospital sends a bill afterwards. Although at a lot of hospitals if you don't have insurance or medicaide already set up when you check in, you will not get an epidural without up front payment of cash to the anesthesiologist. It is considered an elective procedure.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
So anyone can show up at any ER and be treated without paying first.
suckers


Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
The hospital sends a bill afterwards.


~Amy

suckers
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
In ERs in the US they are not allowed to ask for payment prior to you being seen by the doc. They can ask for registration info and all but the law changed on the payment. So anyone can show up at any ER and be treated without paying first.

In a labor and delivery setting, if you show up, we treat you. We don't ask for payment for that either. The hospital sends a bill afterwards. Although at a lot of hospitals if you don't have insurance or medicaide already set up when you check in, you will not get an epidural without up front payment of cash to the anesthesiologist. It is considered an elective procedure.


~Amy
Thats even better...get treated first and then you HAVE to pay

Why not just be treated and let the tax payer foot the bill
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-02-2009, 12:36 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Thats even better...get treated first and then you HAVE to pay

Why not just be treated and let the tax payer foot the bill

We do end up footing the bill. People don't pay all of those hospital bills. Or they make a payment plan that has them paying $25 a month on a bill that is well over $100,000. Or in some NICU preemie baby cases....a million or so.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
TheConcretekid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
We do end up footing the bill. People don't pay all of those hospital bills. Or they make a payment plan that has them paying $25 a month on a bill that is well over $100,000. Or in some NICU preemie baby cases....a million or so.


~Amy

God Bless America, making people pay millions of dollars for having a baby.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.