Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
There is no way he fought with a collapsed lung. If it was in fact collapse he would have had a pneumothorax that would have eventional turned into a tension-pneumothorax which would have killed him if he didnt get a chest tube to relieve the pressure. He may have had a small hole in his lung, but collapsed? No.
Yeah, I find it hard to believe too. Both my lungs were, uhmm, compressed(?) (not collapsed) at the bottom and it was very difficult to breathe/talk. So how can someone with a collapsed lung fight?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
So does GSP what? Train hard or get hurt a lot?? I honestly dont follow him to closely. I know more about Rory then I do GSP.

Except I do know that he's Greasy ... I shook his hand once. It was dripping with Vaseline ... swear
yeah, me too Boomer
Old 02-27-2009, 02:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
Not to get all political or anything, but the UK, just like the rest of the modern world, has national health care... only in America do you have to pay an arm and a leg if anything happens to you arm or leg (pun intended, but failed)
huh?? is he not american though? i don't think he would get free health care in the UK unless he was a resident ... i know here in canada we have "free" health care, but if you are not a resident or don't have a health card, you have to pay ... UK must be really nice then if this is the case
Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
huh?? is he not american though? i don't think he would get free health care in the UK unless he was a resident ... i know here in canada we have "free" health care, but if you are not a resident or don't have a health card, you have to pay ... UK must be really nice then if this is the case
http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/eng...in-england.asp

The National Health Service (NHS) was set up in 1948 to provide free healthcare for all the residents of the UK, including foreign immigrants.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:35 PM
GroundNPound

Lucky for him the fight was over quick so his cardio and his heart weren't tested.

That sucks though.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I guess that would be a question for Tyburn, or any other Brit.

But I know that before some Canadians (I actually have only heard this of older residents who come to Florida for a little golf and R&R, but it may be more common) come to America they take out an insurance policy so if they get injured in America they won't have to pay our (completely and utterly outragous) medical bills.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/eng...in-england.asp

The National Health Service (NHS) was set up in 1948 to provide free healthcare for all the residents of the UK, including foreign immigrants.
Told ya
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundNPound
Lucky for him the fight was over quick so his cardio and his heart weren't tested.

That sucks though.
If his lung was collasped he would have been out of breath half way to the cage.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:33 AM
timmyja

I do not train fighting... unlike some "keyboard warriors" that seem to have 500-1000 posts here since this forum was reopened and seem to have WAY more posts on other forums... but... old boy got ktfo... there was no collapsed lung... and you beople say BJ makes excuses... sheesh
Old 02-28-2009, 12:57 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I don't think it had a lot of bearing on the fight tbh

I hope Rory gets well soon... I hope his health insurance works in England.. That is going to be a huge bill if it doesn't.
actually our health service works differently and for that kind of emergency the likelihood is that I as a tax payer will foot that bill

cheers rory