Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM
pistol-pete

I think it was an eye opening experience for Silva. I think he is going to take his training and performance a bit more serious this time around. I think his takedown defense is going to be a 100% better regardless of his rib injury.

What I took from the first fight was that Anderson was able to still land punches on his feet, but he couldn't stay on his feet for more than a minute per round. Silva should do a better job at finding his range but keeping Sonnen on the outside of his comfort zone for a successful takedown attempt.

I personally think Sonnen should have to fight Vitor Belfort for the #1 contender spot to fight Silva. It has been said, this fight didn't go to a decision, Silva ended the fight. Based on this premis I don't think Sonnen deserves an immediate rematch. The last time I remember this happening was after Tim Sylvia Koed Andre Arlovski and AA got an immediate rematch. I believe this happened because there was simply no one else deserving of a title shot at HW.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL I think the only ones that are butt hurt are the Silva fans who are scared that Chale might beat there champ

I was surprised with Chael last time and I was rooting for him but didn't think he had a chance against Anderson. This time i will also be rooting for him but i still have doubts in him beating Silva.
Who's butt hurt? Chael had a good fight, but Anderson lasted like a warrior and ultimately won. Fair and square.. A win is a win...
Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

It's being rumored that they could be on the Super Bowl card:

Quote:
But that's not all. With the recent talk of Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen being set up for their immediate rematch, and the Super Bowl show already being one of those rumored dates for that fight, Cunha said that's probably where Silva ends up as well.

"That's true [Shogun is] going to come back next year," Cunha said. "He's recovering very well and we're going to have a chance to see him and probably Anderson Silva [on that same card].
I posted the full article in THIS thread & didn't think y'all wanted that whole beast in here, too.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
LOL I think the only ones that are butt hurt are the Silva fans who are scared that Chale might beat there champ

I was surprised with Chael last time and I was rooting for him but didn't think he had a chance against Anderson. This time i will also be rooting for him but i still have doubts in him beating Silva.
I was just playing with Logrus when I said that

I don't have a problem with a rematch from the standpoint of there being a possibility that Sonnen could win. Styles make fights and it wasn't surprising that Sonnen was able to get on top of Anderson and do what he did in the first fight, and it wasn't surprising that Anderson still ended up catching him. There are other technical reasons that one could argue as to why this type of immediate rematch shouldn't happen, but I personally don't have a problem with it. I say cash in while it's still hot.

I also don't hate Chael even though I openly blasted him for a lot of his comments. I have always said that I understand what he was trying to accomplish, but his methods and statements didn't always sit well with me. I also will admit that a lot of the fuel for that fire comes from other fans and their comments. Anderson Silva got tossed under the bus by many fans with a half-cocked argument about a moral high ground in relation to the sport, yet many of the same fans immediately gravitated to Chael Sonnen when he started talking. I give Sonnen a ton of credit for being a tough SOB, and at times an amusing character, but I still think that the outcome of the first fight was "poetic justice" (also kudos to Chael for laughing and saying it was just that)
Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

This should be the Superbowl halftime show. It's old watching the stupid concerts loaded with a bunch of fireworks and dancers.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

chael couldn't beat a hurt anderson silva ... anderson takes this with ease ..
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
This should be the Superbowl halftime show. It's old watching the stupid concerts loaded with a bunch of fireworks and dancers.
If that was done right, it could be one of the coolest things ever.

Sucks that it will probably never happen...
Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
chael couldn't beat a hurt anderson silva ... anderson takes this with ease ..
LOL your funny and just made laugh
Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I was just playing with Logrus when I said that

I don't have a problem with a rematch from the standpoint of there being a possibility that Sonnen could win. Styles make fights and it wasn't surprising that Sonnen was able to get on top of Anderson and do what he did in the first fight, and it wasn't surprising that Anderson still ended up catching him. There are other technical reasons that one could argue as to why this type of immediate rematch shouldn't happen, but I personally don't have a problem with it. I say cash in while it's still hot.

I also don't hate Chael even though I openly blasted him for a lot of his comments. I have always said that I understand what he was trying to accomplish, but his methods and statements didn't always sit well with me. I also will admit that a lot of the fuel for that fire comes from other fans and their comments. Anderson Silva got tossed under the bus by many fans with a half-cocked argument about a moral high ground in relation to the sport, yet many of the same fans immediately gravitated to Chael Sonnen when he started talking. I give Sonnen a ton of credit for being a tough SOB, and at times an amusing character, but I still think that the outcome of the first fight was "poetic justice" (also kudos to Chael for laughing and saying it was just that)
Did you see him on Fighting Words with Mike Straka? I couldn't help but like the guy very humble and he actually came off as a cool guy and not so cocky!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Did you see him on Fighting Words with Mike Straka? I couldn't help but like the guy very humble and he actually came off as a cool guy and not so cocky!
For me he went wrong by talking about Matt. He will never have my support.