Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think Kos had the right game plan in his last fight. Kos felt he had a bigger advantage standing than on the ground. Up until the one punch Kos was winning the fight.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
I think Kos had the right game plan in his last fight. Kos felt he had a bigger advantage standing than on the ground. Up until the one punch Kos was winning the fight.
Same here. He was winning easily. Why would he take down a BJJ BB?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Same here. He was winning easily. Why would he take down a BJJ BB?
MMA isn't BJJ, a very good wrestler has just as much advantage as a BJJ BB.

and I am saying that as a BJJ guy.

*shrug*
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
MMA isn't BJJ, a very good wrestler has just as much advantage as a BJJ BB.

and I am saying that as a BJJ guy.

*shrug*
yeah but kos had the obviousl standup advantage. Why play into your opppnents strengths when you have an obvious advantage on the feet. Kos isnt dumb what did he do when he fought chris lytle last year? He took hm down because lytle is dangerous on the feet. Its not like kos thinks he Anderson Silva and can outstrike everyone. In this fight i feel he had the right gameplan he just got caught.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Same here. He was winning easily. Why would he take down a BJJ BB?
Exactly what i was thinking!

Although, there are times when they were fighting, that it so obvious it was just stand up, that Josh could of made a pass at taking hi down, do a double leg, slam him, get right back up again.

That way Thiago would have been less sure what was happening and not made that sweet uppercut.

Josh was detroying him hand up, but he became to obvious and got caught. I think 9/10 he wins the fight but i think he should still use his wrestling more.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:27 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
yeah but kos had the obviousl standup advantage. Why play into your opppnents strengths when you have an obvious advantage on the feet. Kos isnt dumb what did he do when he fought chris lytle last year? He took hm down because lytle is dangerous on the feet. Its not like kos thinks he Anderson Silva and can outstrike everyone. In this fight i feel he had the right gameplan he just got caught.
What makes you say that? How would KOS know that coming in?
He was winning the striking, but he wasn't hurting Thiago.

*shrug*
Just seems like KOS assumed he would be the better striker,
was cocky and got KOed.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion

Josh was detroying him hand up, but he became to obvious and got caught. I think 9/10 he wins the fight but i think he should still use his wrestling more.
lol come on

He wasn't destroying him.
AA destroyed Ben Rothwell standing, KOS wasn't destroying.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

so he gets knocked out once and all the sudden it's "the decline of josh koscheck"? that is the dumbest thing i've heard in a while

he is still an elite 170 pounder. besides his last loss he has looked good. even when he lost to thiago alves he looked good and showed tons of heart.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-27-2009, 01:46 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
so he gets knocked out once and all the sudden it's "the decline of josh koscheck"? that is the dumbest thing i've heard in a while

he is still an elite 170 pounder. besides his last loss he has looked good. even when he lost to thiago alves he looked good and showed tons of heart.
You didn't read the article did you?
Poor title choice, I agree, but I think the writer was trying to more touch on the fact that in his opinion with some training changes KOS could stand a shot at the WW title.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
...but I do feel He's having a particularly bad reaction with the internet and media...and I think its unfair.

It's only because he brings it on himself.

He seemed to be growing up by leaps and bounds with his last win..

But it does not appear to be what we will see in the future.. The worst part is that Koz has ALOT of talent!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.