Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default What if it works?

What if Obama's plan works?

I have not really been able to think about it that much because I think it will be an EPIC fail...


But what if it does work though? Anyone had time to think on it yet?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

If it works, I will join the Democratic party. That's how confident I am that this plan of spending 1.5 trillion dollars on stupid projects will work.

As a salesman, I understand that you have to spend money to make money. But contributing $1 million to a disc golf course in Austin, TX isn't going to create more jobs. "Green Energy" funding isn't going to create more jobs (a town of 194 in Alabama is requesting $375 million, mostly for green energy, that's 2 million per person!!!). And giving 1 billion to black colleges is, in itself, racist. What about those students with 3.75 GPAs who can't afford to pay for their tuition, what about them? I was watching a news report on CNN this morning that shows 600,000 very qualified students (3.5 gpa and above) do not return for a 2nd semester and do not receive a degree within 8 years of graduating high school. If you want to stimulate the economy, why not create more jobs and give those students who've EARNED good grades an opportunity to fill those jobs?
__________________

Last edited by rockdawg21; 02-26-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2009, 01:54 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I hope it does work, but I'll be 100% shocked if it does.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:18 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

well, what CAN work at this point?

if there was a definite answer then everyone would be pointing towards it and everyone wouldn't be questioning what will work and what won't work. the fact is, no one knows. and maybe there is no way to fix it at this point. at least in our lifetime. we will have to wait and see
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:31 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
well, what CAN work at this point?

if there was a definite answer then everyone would be pointing towards it and everyone wouldn't be questioning what will work and what won't work. the fact is, no one knows. and maybe there is no way to fix it at this point. at least in our lifetime. we will have to wait and see
What people don't understand is our Gov already did this same thing during the great depression. We stepped back from other countries goods and did everything in house. We went looking for dirt roads and graveled roads and paved them. We looked for ways to improve our lives. The list goes on and on to save our country back then.

Its a tough decision, do you follow the already paved road or do you venture out. Bush stayed on the same road and we jumped further into the rabbits hole.

What I see is a forum of people who seem to put Bush 1 level below God in how he ran everythign for 8 years.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Krupp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If it works, great. If it doesn't, I won't be surprised. Very little seems to go according to plan nowadays. Ireland beckons all the more though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
What people don't understand is our Gov already did this same thing during the great depression. We stepped back from other countries goods and did everything in house. We went looking for dirt roads and graveled roads and paved them. We looked for ways to improve our lives. The list goes on and on to save our country back then.
Even after all that, it still took a world war to actually end the Great Depression.

Besides we're not at the Great Depression level yet, regardless of the liberal propaganda being thrown around by our administration. We're still better off now than we were under Jimmy Carter. Ronald Reagan got us out of that mess by doing the exact opposite of what Obama is doing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:57 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
well, what CAN work at this point?

if there was a definite answer then everyone would be pointing towards it and everyone wouldn't be questioning what will work and what won't work. the fact is, no one knows. and maybe there is no way to fix it at this point. at least in our lifetime. we will have to wait and see

Yeah... I don't see anybody with a better plan.

A serious question, when was the last republican president to leave the country in better financial shape than he got it?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Even after all that, it still took a world war to actually end the Great Depression.

Besides we're not at the Great Depression level yet, regardless of the liberal propaganda being thrown around by our administration. We're still better off now than we were under Jimmy Carter. Ronald Reagan got us out of that mess by doing the exact opposite of what Obama is doing.
I really don't see how we could have another "Great Depression".. The world economy is just to prevalent.


BUt I have to agree.. Spending and supporting everyone and everything, that's just a bad idea.

Do I want to see people lose jobs? Hell no. My own job was sold out to a company in India. Now I support those bozos.

Times are always changing.. you have to be able to roll with the changes.. upgrade your business.. upgrade and modify your life.. stop looking for things to stay the same. Don't ask for hand outs when you have a great working brain...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yeah... I don't see anybody with a better plan.

A serious question, when was the last republican president to leave the country in better financial shape than he got it?
Reagan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.