Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-17-2010, 04:24 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
There we go again with the excuses
"He took Frankie too lightly in the first"
Lemme clarify real wuick: I'm not a BJ fan. I'm only just now getting to "nuetral" with BJ, and that took him losing to Matt & dropping to LW for 4yrs!

I'm not making excuses for him, but that's my assessment of the fight. I don't think that was the best BJ we've seen and I think it's because BJ didn't think he needed to be at his best.

I'd love to be proved wrong & have Frankie beat him again, but IMHO, I don't think it'll happen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Lemme clarify real wuick: I'm not a BJ fan. I'm only just now getting to "nuetral" with BJ, and that took him losing to Matt & dropping to LW for 4yrs!

I'm not making excuses for him, but that's my assessment of the fight. I don't think that was the best BJ we've seen and I think it's because BJ didn't think he needed to be at his best.

I'd love to be proved wrong & have Frankie beat him again, but IMHO, I don't think it'll happen.
I kind of understand what your saying but I just don't like the fact that people always say oh it wasn't the same BJ Penn, oh something was wrong, like someone stated before why doesn't he just admit he lost fair and square!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
How long will it be before Baby Jay (or his team) starts with the excuses?

1) During the "talk with Rogan"
2) During the post fight Q&A
3) Within the first 24 hours after the Q&A press conference
4) Within 2 days?
5) Within 5 days?

Bonus Points

What will be the way Baby Jay is defeated?

1) Choke
2) Arm/neck lock
3) Body triangle/leg lock
4) He quits on the stool
5) KO punch
6) KO kick
They already have a litiny of excuses ready for him...so option 1 makes most sense. I'm guessing it will be either
a.) I was sick last week, or
b.) I tore a muscle during training camp, or
c.) Frankie cheated in some fashion

What will NOT be admitted is:

a.) Frankie was the better fighter.


I think Frankie will repeat the last fight and just grind out the decision.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/

Last edited by Vizion; 08-17-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I kind of understand what your saying but I just don't like the fact that people always say oh it wasn't the same BJ Penn, oh something was wrong, like someone stated before why doesn't he just admit he lost fair and square!
He did lose fair & square. Same way that Matt lost to him fair & square. That doesn't mean that there are external factors that some into play. For example, when Matt fought BJ, he had less than a 2 month turn-around from beating Trigg.

That being said, if you're a professional fighter & you choose to step into the cage that night, you're telling the world "These external factors are not serious enough to prevent me from competing,", which is why you don't hear Matt making excuses. I'm not trying to excuse Matt or BJ's losses, just explain them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I kind of understand what your saying but I just don't like the fact that people always say oh it wasn't the same BJ Penn, oh something was wrong, like someone stated before why doesn't he just admit he lost fair and square!
It's called being a loyal fan. Try it some time..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
He did lose fair & square. Same way that Matt lost to him fair & square. That doesn't mean that there are external factors that some into play. For example, when Matt fought BJ, he had less than a 2 month turn-around from beating Trigg.

That being said, if you're a professional fighter & you choose to step into the cage that night, you're telling the world "These external factors are not serious enough to prevent me from competing,", which is why you don't hear Matt making excuses. I'm not trying to excuse Matt or BJ's losses, just explain them.
Matt never quit on the stool.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
It's called being a loyal fan. Try it some time..

LOL I am a loyal fan just not to B.J Penn

I'm a loyal Fan to Forrest Griffin ever since The Ultimate Fighter win or lose.
Loyal fan to Matt Hughes
Loyal Fan to Roger Huerta
I use to hate GSP because he beat Matt twice, but when I saw him against Fitch I began to respected him and when he made BJ quit i became a loyal Fan


note: I know alot of people here dislike GSP because of BJ's excuse for losing
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL I am a loyal fan just not to B.J Penn

I'm a loyal Fan to Forrest Griffin ever since The Ultimate Fighter win or lose.
Loyal fan to Matt Hughes
Loyal Fan to Roger Huerta
I use to hate GSP because he beat Matt twice, but when I saw him against Fitch I began to respected him and when he made BJ quit i became a loyal Fan


note: I know alot of people here dislike GSP because of BJ's excuse for losing
I truly don't need any excuse for not liking GSP.. I don't like the guy end of story. Door shut. As far as your other fighters not bad.. Just watch what you say about my man.. Penn. lol.. J/k in all fairness I am just trying to give you a hard time, but since you like Matt then I will back off..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL I am a loyal fan just not to B.J Penn

I'm a loyal Fan to Forrest Griffin ever since The Ultimate Fighter win or lose.
Loyal fan to Matt Hughes
Loyal Fan to Roger Huerta
I use to hate GSP because he beat Matt twice, but when I saw him against Fitch I began to respected him and when he made BJ quit i became a loyal Fan


note: I know alot of people here dislike GSP because of BJ's excuse for losing
Don't worry! We have plenty of company for you. During the greasegate you could start a thread about nose hair and it would turn into a GSP war.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
They already have a litiny of excuses ready for him...so option 1 makes most sense. I'm guessing it will be either
a.) I was sick last week, or
b.) I tore a muscle during training camp, or
c.) Frankie cheated in some fashion
d.) I broke my ribs and it punctured my lung, on the same side as my fractured skull

What will NOT be admitted is:

a.) Frankie was the better fighter.


I think Frankie will repeat the last fight and just grind out the decision.
You forgot one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.