Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Alright, fellas, go get your jars of vaseline out of the medicine cabinet or wherever you keep it and let's do the vaseline test. And don't cheat by barely applying it either.

I just did it and washed my hands and it's still on my fingers and the spot on my arm where I applied it then "wiped" it with a dry towel. Stuff's still there! Vaseline is not going to come off with just wiping it; you need very warm/hot water and lots of soap. It may take a couple of washings or so too.

Plus, I thought some of you as well as some articles I've read since the GSP greasing said some of these fighters apply "lotion" the day/night before their fights and when they start sweating is when the lotion comes to the surface. If that's happening from the night before, there's no way vaseline that's just been applied is going to be gone merely from wiping it off with a dry or even wet towel. Let's use some common sense please, or at least put it to the test. I know you guys have vaseline.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
just the fact that his cornerman greased him again, after being told not to, and having to be wiped down, AGAIN, is reason enough to have disqualified him, let alone question his legitimacy.
Go Goat, go Goat! Say it! Say it loud!

<where are my pom poms>
Old 02-27-2009, 10:09 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
they weren't warned after the the first round ... the nsac said they saw what they thought was nurse applying vaseline to the body and waited for after the second round .. when they then saw it being applied .. they then warned them not to do it, wiped off GSP to what it states in the rules ... after the third they again wiped off gsp without anything being applied, which is a benefit to BJ as they were wiping off sweat from gsp's back ...

enough with the whining, if people thought he was greasing, they should have said something at the time of the fight and lodged a complaint then ... BJ is full of crap, his camp is full of crap ... let's see .. BJ says Florian's camp and serra's camp tipped him off to gsp being greasy .. then he also said GSP was greasy the first time they fought .... which one is it? BJ is a whiner, he has excuses for all his losses .. this is just another sad attempt at him to provide a reason for why he lost ... take it like a man ..

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13895/kize...ace-action.mma

They noticed after the first, so says Kizer, the head of the commission.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
i am not saying they are full of crap ..what i am saying, is if they know that a guy is greasing ... make a formal complaint .. BJ also said that he notified the NSAC prior to the fight, so should they not have toweled him off regardless of anything after the rounds? .. why not towel everyone off? after the second round pretty much everyone is greased since you are allowed to place it on the face, it is transfered to the opponents chest, hands, arms and even back ... the vaseline was applied and wiped off, sure you can't get 100% of it off, but BJ wasn't toweled off, and he was bound to have some on his chest and arms from GSP's face while in guard ... i honestly don't see the need for vaseline being applied to the face even at the start of the fight, i guess it needs to be used when someone is cut ... let them fight again and see what happens ..
Why make a formal complaint?
Look at how many people just write it off and call BJ a whiner and a baby for complaining.

double standards, either take things seriously and be all for complaints,
or be the guy who calls everybody a baby and a whiner.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
exactly ... i don't disagree that nurse applied grease to gsp, but the rules state that if grease is applied to parts other than the face, they must be wiped off ... after the first, they saw nurse do this and did not act, after the second, they viewed it, reprimanded the corner and wiped gsp, after the third, they went in, made sure to grease was applied and wiped off GSP again .. Penn is trying to make an excuse out of an extremely one-sided beating he took ... that is all ... and penn fans will take this to their graves ... if they fight again, BJ and his fans will come out with something else ...

Again, rub vasoline all your your shoulders,
then see if it comes off with a quick towell wipe, it doesn't.

Anybody who has had vasoline on their hands knows even if you try to wipe it off its a pain in the ass to get off your skin.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 AM
atomdanger

UFC president Dana White recently spoke to the Canadian Press, and here’s a few of the interesting quotes he gave during the interview:

“Do I think that he got greased? Yeah, I do.
Absolutely, 100 per cent, I think that that guy was rubbing grease on him.
Do I think Georges was trying to cheat? Absolutely not at all.
But that cornerman was rubbing grease on him. You cannot do that….You put another fighter at a huge disadvantage, which is very dangerous….
I think he was. I do. I think he absolutely, positively knew that he was rubbing grease on him.
I do. Nobody can tell me different. I watched the tape a million times.”
Old 02-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Greg Jackson is on Inside MMA tonight.. looking forward to see what he says...
Old 02-28-2009, 02:48 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Greg Jackson is on Inside MMA tonight.. looking forward to see what he says...
Do keep us posted on what goes on we don't get hdnet soim counting on ya.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
no, he was greased twice .. between the first and second ... after the first, there was no warning because the nsac official was pretty sure he saw the greasing, after the second, he saw the greasing, and warned them, told them not to do it and wiped off GSP ... after the third, they went out to ensure the corner wouldn't do it, which they didn't .. they then wiped down gsp again as a precaution ... the corner never disregarded a warning and continue to grease, they were warned and stopped doing it ..
i don't know where it is but i'm sure i read that he was warned twice to not do it.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
UFC president Dana White recently spoke to the Canadian Press, and here’s a few of the interesting quotes he gave during the interview:

“Do I think that he got greased? Yeah, I do.
Absolutely, 100 per cent, I think that that guy was rubbing grease on him.
Do I think Georges was trying to cheat? Absolutely not at all.
But that cornerman was rubbing grease on him. You cannot do that….You put another fighter at a huge disadvantage, which is very dangerous….
I think he was. I do. I think he absolutely, positively knew that he was rubbing grease on him.
I do. Nobody can tell me different. I watched the tape a million times.”
Dana is right for once