Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-27-2009, 04:34 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
So I guess Matt, Sherk, Jason Miller, and Serra are all full of crap as well.
i am not saying they are full of crap ..what i am saying, is if they know that a guy is greasing ... make a formal complaint .. BJ also said that he notified the NSAC prior to the fight, so should they not have toweled him off regardless of anything after the rounds? .. why not towel everyone off? after the second round pretty much everyone is greased since you are allowed to place it on the face, it is transfered to the opponents chest, hands, arms and even back ... the vaseline was applied and wiped off, sure you can't get 100% of it off, but BJ wasn't toweled off, and he was bound to have some on his chest and arms from GSP's face while in guard ... i honestly don't see the need for vaseline being applied to the face even at the start of the fight, i guess it needs to be used when someone is cut ... let them fight again and see what happens ..
Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
TDPARKASH

Not liars, but would it not be caught on tape then? Like between rounds.

If the NSAC officials check a fighter before he goes in, then it must have happened bewteen rounds. I have been looking for evidence for a while and have found nothing. THis is why i can't say for sure.

So if anyone has tape, PLEASE POST IT.........i have done my best to LOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
So I guess Matt, Sherk, Jason Miller, and Serra are all full of crap as well.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
Not liars, but would it not be caught on tape then? Like between rounds.

If the NSAC officials check a fighter before he goes in, then it must have happened bewteen rounds. I have been looking for evidence for a while and have found nothing. THis is why i can't say for sure.

So if anyone has tape, PLEASE POST IT.........i have done my best to LOOK

This gif is from the fight with Serra (if you look when GSP stands up you can see Bell Centre on the cage).
Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 PM
TDPARKASH

OH WOW........did he apply vasoline with the same hand, is there video of that. That should be evidence in this investigation if so.........and hopefully they come across it...............did you record the fight?.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

This gif is from the fight with Serra (if you look when GSP stands up you can see Bell Centre on the cage).
Old 02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Hughes_GOAT

they didn't even tell BJ until after the fight that GSP was caught greasing. if they told him during the fight, maybe BJ would have had his legs wiped down or even asked for the fight to be ruled a NC? i just think it was wrong not to tell him what was going on.

and Matt said that after the 40 fights, 1,000 wrestling matches, he should know the difference between sweat slipperiness and greasy slipperiness. BJ, i'm sure, only filed a formal complaint since this was the second time he's felt GSP was slippery.

other guys have made complaints but just let it go, i'm guessing, since they only fought him once. except for Matt, BJ and Serra, who have all fought GSP at least twice and all of them have said GSP felt slippery.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

that's of him rubbing his back though .. where is the rest of the gif of him first rubbing vaseline on his hands?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 PM
GroundNPound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
that's of him rubbing his back though .. where is the rest of the gif of him first rubbing vaseline on his hands?

Yeah, that video proves nothing. I don't even think Nurse always does the vaseline.

There are videos of Rich Franklin, Militech and others supposedly being "greased"....I bet you can make a case against a lot of guys.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundNPound
Yeah, that video proves nothing. I don't even think Nurse always does the vaseline.

There are videos of Rich Franklin, Militech and others supposedly being "greased"....I bet you can make a case against a lot of guys.
exactly ... i don't disagree that nurse applied grease to gsp, but the rules state that if grease is applied to parts other than the face, they must be wiped off ... after the first, they saw nurse do this and did not act, after the second, they viewed it, reprimanded the corner and wiped gsp, after the third, they went in, made sure to grease was applied and wiped off GSP again .. Penn is trying to make an excuse out of an extremely one-sided beating he took ... that is all ... and penn fans will take this to their graves ... if they fight again, BJ and his fans will come out with something else ...
Old 02-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
exactly ... i don't disagree that nurse applied grease to gsp, but the rules state that if grease is applied to parts other than the face, they must be wiped off ... after the first, they saw nurse do this and did not act, after the second, they viewed it, reprimanded the corner and wiped gsp, after the third, they went in, made sure to grease was applied and wiped off GSP again .. Penn is trying to make an excuse out of an extremely one-sided beating he took ... that is all ... and penn fans will take this to their graves ... if they fight again, BJ and his fans will come out with something else ...
just the fact that his cornerman greased him again, after being told not to, and having to be wiped down, AGAIN, is reason enough to have disqualified him, let alone question his legitimacy.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
just the fact that his cornerman greased him again, after being told not to, and having to be wiped down, AGAIN, is reason enough to have disqualified him, let alone question his legitimacy.
no, he was greased twice .. between the first and second ... after the first, there was no warning because the nsac official was pretty sure he saw the greasing, after the second, he saw the greasing, and warned them, told them not to do it and wiped off GSP ... after the third, they went out to ensure the corner wouldn't do it, which they didn't .. they then wiped down gsp again as a precaution ... the corner never disregarded a warning and continue to grease, they were warned and stopped doing it ..