Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
He's not though. Thats the point. Its very much disputed.

Champion of the world maybe...but he's disputed.
lol EXACTLY.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
In my eyes it was intentional, but to me it doesn't matter,
they were warned, and it happened again after the next round.
That should have been a DQ in my eyes.

They were warned after the first round, then AGAIN after the second.
How did they forget in a 5 minute time frame that they cannot grease his back?
Jackson has been doing this WAYYYY too long for this to have just been an accident,
he knows what you can and cannot do.

I don't really care if was intentional anyway,
sometimes fence grabs, blows to the back of the head, etc... Just happen
(instinct, etc..) But there should still be some sort of punishment.
Exactly Jackson has been doing it long enough to know that he is on camera and if he was already warned that they are looking very closely. I don't think he would have intentionally done it again.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Old 02-27-2009, 01:57 AM
kevint13

Here is the actual response GSP sent to the NSAC:

http://mmapayout.com/wp-content/uplo...c-response.pdf

There are actually some great points that they presented in this.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:46 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
We just have different definitions of cheating. If you were taking pills, without knowing they were steriods, then that's not "cheating in my book". It's an unfair advantage for sure and still should have reprcussions. I guess for me cheating is a pre-empt strategy to create an unfair advantage.

IF GSP knowingly knew what his corner was doing and it can be proven, then i would strip him and suspend him for at least 6 months.

As it stands, would you strip him of the belt?
Gsp has been fighting for how long, has been training for how long. Same with his corner. You act as if this was his first major fight and their first fight cornering.

nope 6 month to 1 year ban. We need to treat this as if it was a fighter testing positive.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Exactly Jackson has been doing it long enough to know that he is on camera and if he was already warned that they are looking very closely. I don't think he would have intentionally done it again.
IMO he has been doing it long enough to think he can get away with it.

When people get comfortable is when they try to get away with things.

I don't see how he could have accidentally done it again,
I think he thought they would trust that he wouldn't do it, and he did it again.

Its just too odd that soo many people have commented on GSP's slipperiness.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:41 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

While I don't want to think GSP would deliberately Cheat the FACT is his corner did apply Vaseline to his Back and Shoulders. So I can see BJ being upset. Calling him a Crybaby for being upset over a FACT is not giving him a fair shake at all. And no I ain't accusing GSP of deliberately cheating. But maybe the guy that used the Grease should be suspended!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:22 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
In my eyes it was intentional, but to me it doesn't matter,
they were warned, and it happened again after the next round.
That should have been a DQ in my eyes.

They were warned after the first round, then AGAIN after the second.
How did they forget in a 5 minute time frame that they cannot grease his back?
Jackson has been doing this WAYYYY too long for this to have just been an accident,
he knows what you can and cannot do.

I don't really care if was intentional anyway,
sometimes fence grabs, blows to the back of the head, etc... Just happen
(instinct, etc..) But there should still be some sort of punishment.
they weren't warned after the the first round ... the nsac said they saw what they thought was nurse applying vaseline to the body and waited for after the second round .. when they then saw it being applied .. they then warned them not to do it, wiped off GSP to what it states in the rules ... after the third they again wiped off gsp without anything being applied, which is a benefit to BJ as they were wiping off sweat from gsp's back ...

enough with the whining, if people thought he was greasing, they should have said something at the time of the fight and lodged a complaint then ... BJ is full of crap, his camp is full of crap ... let's see .. BJ says Florian's camp and serra's camp tipped him off to gsp being greasy .. then he also said GSP was greasy the first time they fought .... which one is it? BJ is a whiner, he has excuses for all his losses .. this is just another sad attempt at him to provide a reason for why he lost ... take it like a man ..
Old 02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
they weren't warned after the the first round ... the nsac said they saw what they thought was nurse applying vaseline to the body and waited for after the second round .. when they then saw it being applied .. they then warned them not to do it, wiped off GSP to what it states in the rules ... after the third they again wiped off gsp without anything being applied, which is a benefit to BJ as they were wiping off sweat from gsp's back ...

enough with the whining, if people thought he was greasing, they should have said something at the time of the fight and lodged a complaint then ... BJ is full of crap, his camp is full of crap ... let's see .. BJ says Florian's camp and serra's camp tipped him off to gsp being greasy .. then he also said GSP was greasy the first time they fought .... which one is it? BJ is a whiner, he has excuses for all his losses .. this is just another sad attempt at him to provide a reason for why he lost ... take it like a man ..
this is really starting to pisss me off and i've had it up to here (if you could see me right now i'm holding my hand just under my eyes so there still is a little more room until my head explodes) with all you cry baby J fans that just cant seem to accept the fact Penn got his asss,,,oh,,geez,,sorry,,i should have taken a little more time too read your post,,man do i feel silly,,

never mind me,,just pretend i never came in here,,

well then ,,carry on.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
So I guess Matt, Sherk, Jason Miller, and Serra are all full of crap as well.