Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 PM
CAVEMAN

Default Dawn!! I have been praying!

Has anyone heard an update from Dawn on her son Matt? I Have been praying for both of them! Just curious if anyone has talked to her.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Has anyone heard an update from Dawn on her son Matt? I Have been praying for both of them! Just curious if anyone has talked to her.
Dawns Step Mother just died...she said it on myspace in her mood indicator.

She has had such a rotten time recently...I wish I had the level of faith under stress that she has
Old 01-27-2009, 02:43 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Dawns Step Mother just died...she said it on myspace in her mood indicator.

She has had such a rotten time recently...I wish I had the level of faith under stress that she has
Wow, life is really throwing some lemons at her right now! Thanks for the update. I've just been wondering how Matt is?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
I've just been wondering how Matt is?
Thats I dont know.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:02 PM
dawner1969

Hey guys

I'm at my dad's right now up in Savanna IL. My stepmom's funeral was yesterday (tues). She was an awesome woman. She'd been in my life since I was about 3 and I never had a day where she was the "evil stepmother". She was a good person and a good wife and mother. I'm going to miss her terribly. We all love her so much.

Matt is doing very very well. He is still pretty weak from being in the hospital so long, but he is doing his rehab. We had a bit of a setback a couple of weeks ago when he had some bleeding in his stomach, probably due to his medicines. He is bouncing back pretty remarkably.

He has been officially declared "end-stage renal disease" which is a step towards the new kidney transplant. His kidney is not really working at all. They estimate 10% kidney function or less. It will be several months before the transplant actually happens, but we are on our way.

I won't be tested for compatibility until he is more medically stable, but we are the same blood type, and that's one of the first things they look at. When he had his orginal transplant at 18 months I was a match. There are sensitivites and compatibility issues that can happen over time so I might not still be.

Things are looking good for Matt considering his situation. His brain damage issues are being controlled by medication. He seems to be back where he was before this all started.

I want to thank each and every one of you again for all your prayers and support during these difficult times. This family has been uplifted and upheld by the many people...known and unknown...talking to God for us.

Thank you.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Stump Rules!

Dawn...youve been through so much...I will keep you and your family in my prayers.Let me know if I can do anything for you.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-28-2009, 06:18 PM
CAVEMAN

Thanks for the update, Dawn! I will still be praying for you. Keep your head up!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Dawn, I'm glad to hear that Matt's doing so well! I'll be praying that you're a match.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Crisco

Gold bless Dawn and keep the faith sister. Let us know if you need anything...
Old 01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Preach

Keep your chin up we are praying for ya