Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
hang on...did Carwin know what he was getting...or was this drugs company slipping in substances? whats the Conspiracy part???
'Conspiracy' is just a legal term in this case Dave, it simply means an agreement by two or more persons to engage in some kind of unlawful/criminal act.

Last edited by Blade; 08-17-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Hmm I dunno...I think Nelson's mullet lacquer must have some type of banned substance in it because Arlovski bounced him off the cage and put his lights out without too much bother and I'd be willing to bet that JDS hits harder than Arlovski, lol.
Nelson wasn't really "lights out" KO'd by Arlovski though. He got blasted really hard was clearly rocked to the point where AA would have finished him off but you could tell Nelson recovered pretty quick and kinda seemed upset at fist that it was being stopped (although it obviously was a good stoppage).

JDS does hit hard, but Arlovski is no scrub.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Nelson wasn't really "lights out" KO'd by Arlovski though. He got blasted really hard was clearly rocked to the point where AA would have finished him off but you could tell Nelson recovered pretty quick and kinda seemed upset at fist that it was being stopped (although it obviously was a good stoppage).

JDS does hit hard, but Arlovski is no scrub.
Yeah true, and true it wasn't a total sparking out, I guess I was just surprised that JDS couldn't take him out seeing as though I would class him as a bigger puncher than Arlovski (even though Arlovski hits hard too). Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into my post, the main thrust of it was just to poke more fun at Big Country's pikey mullet, lol.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Yeah true, and true it wasn't a total sparking out, I guess I was just surprised that JDS couldn't take him out seeing as though I would class him as a bigger puncher than Arlovski (even though Arlovski hits hard too). Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into my post, the main thrust of it was just to poke more fun at Big Country's pikey mullet, lol.
Nahh, I thought it was funny.

If County has any roids meant for cows in him I would bet it's from eating too many Whoppers and not from blood doping, lol
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
This is too hilarious...

So hilarious it almost seems contrived.

Roy Nelson may be able to fight like Homer Simpson but he is no dumb-ass. He knows damn well that people in professional sports, and ESPECIALLY fighting use PED's. Call me crazy, but I get the feeling this just sets up a good showdown that was probably already going to happen anyway, except now there can be an extra element of hype to it.

Weather Roy put this out there as a "verbal jab", or not, to set up some build up for a potential fight between him and Carwin, doesn't matter a whole lot at this point. What we do know is that Roy offered some rather tame and vague comments on fighters using steroids, and Shane immediately retaliated with a cliche fat joke that would go over great on his construction job-site but seems rather dull and stupid considering the amount of hilarity that is only a click away when a person is using a web-browser.

What Shane Carwin did not do was actually address this issue, which makes him even less appealing and garners him even more credibility in the department of ABSOLUTE FAIL.

Hey Shane, some PR advice...Issue a statement about the ACTUAL story, before you go off talking smack about Roy Nelson for giving his opinion. You are obviously tuned in, because you heard what "Roy Nelson" had to say. HEY, how about all those NOBODY'S at ESPN that have been talking about this? Don't have much to say to them, do ya?

Is it something with people named Shane who fight? First Shane Mosley, now Shane Carwin....at least Mosley actually has some sort of legacy to get tainted...
Old 08-19-2010, 07:34 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
They don't even have to always prove a guy literally took the drugs. A lot of these cases end up turning to beefs for perjury because these athletes lie to the investigators about their involvement and then when evidence comes out to prove otherwise they end up changing their tunes.
I know I'm quoting myself here, but this story just broke today and it is directly related to my comment from before...

Roger Clemens charged with perjury in steroid case http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...emens-steroids
Old 08-19-2010, 08:20 PM
logrus

Quote:
I know I'm quoting myself here, but this story just broke today and it is directly related to my comment from before...

Roger Clemens charged with perjury in steroid case http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...emens-steroids
Just saw that too, lol.