Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-15-2010, 07:39 AM

Very disappointing. I liked Carwin as a fighter. He needs to address these allegations. Using steroids is cheating. He lost me as a fan.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:51 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Very disappointing. I liked Carwin as a fighter. He needs to address these allegations. Using steroids is cheating. He lost me as a fan.
Oh don't be such a hard ass.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
I think Carwin was to obsessed with being just as big as lesnar leading up to there fight... He should be coming in at 255-260 and not cutting weight to get to 265...

People would be making a way bigger deal out if it was Lesnar... This could really hurt Shanes image if not his whole camps image
Bah.. Lesnar all but admitted, on camera I might add, to using too...
Old 08-15-2010, 02:40 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Bah.. Lesnar all but admitted, on camera I might add, to using too...
Lesnar didn't need to admit it....he was arrested with the junk.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Sgtchawk

It was Januray 2001, and the charges were dropped after they were determined not to be steroids, but rather growth hormone. This also took place while Brock was employed by the WWE, and prior to his entrance into real combat sports. If Brock were to be linked to any PED's since 06 when he began training for MMA, then I would think of him as a cheater, but the fact is that he used them prior to being competitive and I don't see how it's relevent to his current career in the UFC...
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
It was Januray 2001, and the charges were dropped after they were determined not to be steroids, but rather growth hormone. This also took place while Brock was employed by the WWE, and prior to his entrance into real combat sports. If Brock were to be linked to any PED's since 06 when he began training for MMA, then I would think of him as a cheater, but the fact is that he used them prior to being competitive and I don't see how it's relevent to his current career in the UFC...

You dont know much about PED's do you lol.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Sgtchawk

Enlighten me.
I was merely commenting on the prior post that stated Brock practically admitted to PED use in an interview (what he said was, that he had never tested positive for PED's) and also that he wasn't caught with illegal steroids, but rather a growth hormone that undoubtable was determined to be legal in 2001.
But I'd like to know your .02, because it is apparent that you do have knowledge on the subject, and I'm curious about your opinion.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 PM
atomdanger

Eh, some random guy saying he sold Carwin drugs 5 years ago? Who cares.

Honestly. 1. It probably isn't true.
Often drug cases are more lenient with a list of clientele, who knows what names he through out there.

I think if Shane wanted steroids he could find them closer to home,
but even if he couldn't, what matters are facts, he passes the tests.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Eh, some random guy saying he sold Carwin drugs 5 years ago? Who cares.

Honestly. 1. It probably isn't true.
Often drug cases are more lenient with a list of clientele, who knows what names he through out there.

I think if Shane wanted steroids he could find them closer to home,
but even if he couldn't, what matters are facts, he passes the tests.

Dude, it's not "some random guy". Applied Pharmacy Services has been linked to selling steroids to athletes in the past. The records are there to back up who the clients are, just like when they busted Balco labs and Victor Conte.

That's great that he passes the tests, but the bigger issue here is that the testing procedures have largely been too lax and many people have beaten the tests. Carwin could be clean now, but the evidence that he has used PED's in the past is very overwhelming at this point.

Not to mention, Carwin has offered "no comment" at this time but said he plans to make statement soon. If this was total BS, Carwin would have come right out and said that.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:36 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Dude, it's not "some random guy". Applied Pharmacy Services has been linked to selling steroids to athletes in the past. The records are there to back up who the clients are, just like when they busted Balco labs and Victor Conte.

That's great that he passes the tests, but the bigger issue here is that the testing procedures have largely been too lax and many people have beaten the tests. Carwin could be clean now, but the evidence that he has used PED's in the past is very overwhelming at this point.

Not to mention, Carwin has offered "no comment" at this time but said he plans to make statement soon. If this was total BS, Carwin would have come right out and said that.
Did the entire company make a statement about Carwin?
Or did ONE guy from that company? Ok then...

What evidence is overwhelming that he used in the past?
The statement made by one person?
According to your standards, GSP is certainly cheating more than ANY fighter in the ufc, at least 5 credible sources have said he greases....

Either way Carwin made his debute in 2005, when this person stopped working there? And has passed every test to date, what matters are facts, no rumors. If a drug dealer gets caught, and throws names out to get a lighter sentence.... who should you beleive?

Also, Shane is a smart guy, with two college degrees, why would he use his own name if ordering drugs from over state lines? Why wouldn't he send a friend, or use a fake name? Or better yet, why on earth would be go all the way to alabama to get drugs?