Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-14-2010, 10:01 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
You really don't lose a ton of mass after steroids then some people think, it really is dependent on the cycles and how long a person is on the cycle. Also is dependent on how you train and the constant shuttling of nutrients to your system.
spoken like a guy that's on roids.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:02 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
C'mon though bro, even if steroids aren't crack/cocaine, you still can't throw on a lab coat and sell whatever you want to whoever you want. There are thousands of teenagers getting drunk this weekend and it's not the end of the world, but the people who sold them the booze should still be punished to some degree.
Why not, Docs can proscribe whatever they want to whomever the want anyways. One doc gives you this, another doc calls that guy an a-hole for giving it to you. You dont know what your taking 99% of the time, and your taking it regardless of the 100's of known side effects. An if you get that side effect its "ohh well" take this.

To be honest though, I trust my pharmacist more then my Doc with what I am taking.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
spoken like a guy that's on roids.
Naaa, I am just your average guy who happens to work at a health club with guys who are on the take lol. They always ask me when I am going to jump on at least 1 cycle and then they go into explaining everything about it, and what to do while on it.

If you want I can link a popular horse drug people take these days lol.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 PM
sunshine_jkd

Quote:
You really don't lose a ton of mass after steroids then some people think, it really is dependent on the cycles and how long a person is on the cycle. Also is dependent on how you train and the constant shuttling of nutrients to your system.

You are correct and I wasn't saying that this is true to all cases. I just feel it might be so in Carwin's.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:06 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Why not, Docs can proscribe whatever they want to whomever the want anyways. One doc gives you this, another doc calls that guy an a-hole for giving it to you. You dont know what your taking 99% of the time, and your taking it regardless of the 100's of known side effects. An if you get that side effect its "ohh well" take this.

To be honest though, I trust my pharmacist more then my Doc with what I am taking.
I'm not saying you are wrong about that end of it, but we still have laws about what can and cannot be sold and the manner in which they sell it. Steroids are not totally horrible by any means, and they have some benefits. Personally, I am against anybody using PED's in pro-sports, but that is a separate issue from the positive benefits of steroids. The way these people were doing business was illegal and they knew it, so it's not like the government was really on a witch hunt in this case.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Blade

Surprise surprise, I always thought Carwin was full of sh*t, and his pathetic cardio against Lesnar is demonstrative of a mindset that is willing to cut corners and take shortcuts instead of putting the hard, honest work in.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:13 AM

I think Carwin was to obsessed with being just as big as lesnar leading up to there fight... He should be coming in at 255-260 and not cutting weight to get to 265...

People would be making a way bigger deal out if it was Lesnar... This could really hurt Shanes image if not his whole camps image
Old 08-15-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4090/satur...-drug-olympics
Old 08-15-2010, 12:50 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I'm not saying you are wrong about that end of it, but we still have laws about what can and cannot be sold and the manner in which they sell it. Steroids are not totally horrible by any means, and they have some benefits. Personally, I am against anybody using PED's in pro-sports, but that is a separate issue from the positive benefits of steroids. The way these people were doing business was illegal and they knew it, so it's not like the government was really on a witch hunt in this case.
Sadly though it is a witch hunt and it didn't start with steroids, its been happening to other sports supplements for ages now. There is always some law that gets passed or the gov goes after a company and they have to stop making a product or revamp it to the point its worthless. There are other areas in the health area that needs to be address. With worse impacts on daily life and the economy.

Testing needs to be strict cause its being proven more and more that there are more people using then some of these fans want to believe. I am all for it, I think if you compete at any level you should be tested on a constant basis when the sport is trying to be labeled as "Clean".
Old 08-15-2010, 01:01 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Sadly though it is a witch hunt and it didn't start with steroids, its been happening to other sports supplements for ages now. There is always some law that gets passed or the gov goes after a company and they have to stop making a product or revamp it to the point its worthless. There are other areas in the health area that needs to be address. With worse impacts on daily life and the economy.

Testing needs to be strict cause its being proven more and more that there are more people using then some of these fans want to believe. I am all for it, I think if you compete at any level you should be tested on a constant basis when the sport is trying to be labeled as "Clean".
I agree with you here. There are other problems which are far-worse, but it's also defeats the purpose of the FDA if we were to just let people make and sell whatever they wanted. I think fans realize that a lot of players are doing it, but it's still shocking to some people when an actual name gets released. Nobody is shocked to see Kurt Angle on the list because of the culture of the WWE, and nobody should be shocked to know Brock Lesnar was implemented for steroid use.