Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_jkd View Post
I feel sometimes as if he fakes having good sportsmanship if that makes any sense at all.
Complete Sense.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 AM
3dlee

Dave, Im with you all the way. If Matt were to start training with Matt Serra, I would be completely confused. I'd still support our Matt ofcourse, but would really question his judgement. No BJ hasnt attacked Jens in the way Serra has Hughes, but BJ has belittled Jens's victory over him and thats bad enough. I vote that Pat Miletich start helping coach at the HIT Squad and Jeremy Horn, Jens, Chuck, and Rich all train there. Unfortunately that wont happen, but neither will them training with the enemy. Jeremys not gonna go train at Renzos camp, Chucks not going to train at Team Punishment, and Rich isnt likely going to train at team Blackhouse.

In short, I understand your objections to Jens's decision, Dave. There are alot of places he could chose to train without having to fly over the ocean that I would prefer as well. But, its his career.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
Dave, Im with you all the way. If Matt were to start training with Matt Serra, I would be completely confused. I'd still support our Matt ofcourse, but would really question his judgement. No BJ hasnt attacked Jens in the way Serra has Hughes, but BJ has belittled Jens's victory over him and thats bad enough. I vote that Pat Miletich start helping coach at the HIT Squad and Jeremy Horn, Jens, Chuck, and Rich all train there. Unfortunately that wont happen, but neither will them training with the enemy. Jeremys not gonna go train at Renzos camp, Chucks not going to train at Team Punishment, and Rich isnt likely going to train at team Blackhouse.

In short, I understand your objections to Jens's decision, Dave. There are alot of places he could chose to train without having to fly over the ocean that I would prefer as well. But, its his career.
well I'm glad someone understands. I dissagree with him on this and think its a bad idea...but its not as bad as it could be...a few trips to Hawaii whilst, frankly, embarissing...at least he isnt relocating there. He has his own new gym in Idaho...so he's unlikely to be with Penn much...Penn might travel, but the day Penn visits Pulver rather then the other way round...I might be more inclined to believe what he says he actually means. I'm confident he wont be bothered.

What happens to Karson I consider mute at present. Karson is an infant...its to early to tell.

But its his life. In some ways I admire him for his ability to genuinely forgive and forget everyone who harms him...but in another way I just know its increadibly nieve of him to think that Penn might actually mean a word he says. Ever.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post

Actually I think Franklin did train with Anderson Silva before his fight with Wanderlei.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Actually I think Franklin did train with Anderson Silva before his fight with Wanderlei.

yeah, but there was never any real level of "anger" towards Rich and Anderson.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
yeah, but there was never any real level of "anger" towards Rich and Anderson.
There was no animosity but Silva did rearrange his face twice so it's a similar weird situation.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Hughes fanboy

That's great they are friends, but MAN was that awkward

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
There was no animosity but Silva did rearrange his face twice so it's a similar weird situation.
Not from Rich Franklins point of view....Rich Franklin even said in an interview after their second match that he understand why the UFC wouldnt sanction it, BUT, he still believes that in a third fight against Anderson Silva, he would win. He doesnt take the injury as an act of personal provocation...I still, have to say, I DO think its strange he would then go train with Anderson...but its not the same, not nearly the same.

Penn has attacked Pulver since just before they first met. Pulver has been defending himself since he successfully defended his championship against Penn. Jays showing in TUF was dispikable.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Sgtchawk

Hey Dave, I'm with ya bud. BJ has disrespected Matt, Jens, and Joe Stevenson who are all three of my favorite fighters. He whines and makes excuses when he loses and in his afterfight interviews tells people if they wanna know what he has to say then go to BJ Penn dot com. He is a spoiled brat that was born into luxury and rather than having a job took bjj classes non stop until he earned his black belt, and not taking anything from him there, he did earn it. But how many of us can focus on bjj classes without having to worry about responsibilities? He is a phenomenal talent and world class athlete, but his attitude is that of a petulant child and I cannot make myself like him.
His attitude is so awful that I even caught myself pulling for GSP of all people during their fight.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
His attitude is so awful that I even caught myself pulling for GSP of all people during their fight.

There are two things that I dont like about Penn. First and foremost is his character. 9/10 he doesnt mean to come across as malicious, like you say he was born into a privalaged family, some of the things he says and does are so totally socially inappropriate...to him they are probably funny. When, like with Jens Pulver, eh deliberately does hate on someone...he continually contridicts himself, why? because what he really is doing is all smack talk, and as the situation changes...so does his point of hype. Before Jens/Penn one he was the unstoppable prodigy, during Jens Pulver One he refuses to let go of an armbar attempt after the end of the round, and forever claims that he really won the match at that point, at the time of Jens Pulver one, he thought the decision was made unfairly, after Jens Pulver One, he thanks Jens for giving him a reason to continue. Entering TUF, he wants revenge for the first match, During TUF, he didnt deliberately wind up Jens, After TUF, of course he'd been deliberately winding up Jens. During the TUF Finale, his team didnt make it because noone could keep up with his teaching. During TUF who would want to train with Jens coz he's just not very good During Jens Pulver two he claims he let Jens get out of all the submissions until the end, during Jens Pulver Two, he refuses to let go of an RNC when the match is over, The second the match is over, Jens is suddenly a legendary conquest, After the match, no need to ever have a rematch coz Penn won an equal of One All. After the match BJ plans on bringing integrity to the belt that noone else has managed. two years later in order to feature Jens at his gym, coming to him for help, he's suddenly sorry he was so mean, and hopes Jens can train him if he is ever in trouble.

do you see all the contradictions...Jens is shyte when they go on TUF, but suddenly a legend when Penn beats him? Jens is shyte on TUF, but when he goes to train with Penn, suddenly Penn hopes Jens will return the training favour. Penn won TUF because he beat Jens, and his Team let him down

The second thing that annoys me about Penn he is slowly rectifying, He is the best pure skill fighter on the planet, but his record doesnt show it because he's actually lazy and fickle. Now, finally he is trying to establish a proper legacy at LW which I think he's about done...and so he should...he has tallent people would kill for, and he's spent too long wasting it...