Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 PM
billwilliams70

Welcome to the board!

Later.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:08 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Greetings Sarge! Glad to have you aboard!

Don't mind MHR, he's just a jerk before he gets his coffee. I think it's from living in Oakland his whole life.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:16 PM
BamaGrits84

Welcome to the most awesome forum group online.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Sgtchawk

Glad to be here guys. That's actually the reason I signed up, was to be a part of a forum where I can talk amongst Christians, (or at the very least, people who don't attack Christians) about Matt and other topics that interest me without having to explain or justify myself.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Welcome Sgt. ;) Glad you are here and look forward to posting with you.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
Glad to be here guys. That's actually the reason I signed up, was to be a part of a forum where I can talk amongst Christians, (or at the very least, people who don't attack Christians) about Matt and other topics that interest me without having to explain or justify myself.
Thats what we try to promote here, on the Greatest Mixed Martial Arts Forum in the world. Unfortunately, alot of the other MMA Forums out there do not like or value Matt Hughes, or the Christian principles, if you look at the current linkey-doo in my siggie I talk about why

Dont worry to much about Michelle, Sugarplum can not be tamed...all the women on this forum seem to be quite amazonian in many respects
Old 08-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Sgtchawk

Ha, yeah...I'm pretty familiar with other forums and their feelings on Matt...
No biggie, it's their loss. Where I'm from, living on a farm, loving God and country, and valuing friends and family are all things that are to be admired. Matt is a walking example of where hard work and determination can get you. I personally do not like BJ Penn and GSP, but that's no reason to go around bashing those guys, so what makes it ok for people that come from a different back ground or who have different theological philosophies to bash Matt? Anyways, I am a country boy that was raised on a farm and going to sunday school in a little white baptist church, and I appreciate having someone that represents those ideals being at the top of this profession...

And war little Evil in his next fight...here's hoping he breaks that stupid skid he's on...
Old 08-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
. I personally do not like BJ Penn and GSP,
I'm not fond of either of them.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ha, yeah...I'm pretty familiar with other forums and their feelings on Matt...
No biggie, it's their loss. Where I'm from, living on a farm, loving God and country, and valuing friends and family are all things that are to be admired. Matt is a walking example of where hard work and determination can get you. I personally do not like BJ Penn and GSP, but that's no reason to go around bashing those guys, so what makes it ok for people that come from a different back ground or who have different theological philosophies to bash Matt? Anyways, I am a country boy that was raised on a farm and going to sunday school in a little white baptist church, and I appreciate having someone that represents those ideals being at the top of this profession...

And war little Evil in his next fight...here's hoping he breaks that stupid skid he's on...
Haven't you heard? Christian bashing is the fashionable thing to do now.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Sgtchawk

I have a question that maybe one of you guys might know the answer to, has Matt ever had any dealings with Brock Lesnar? Have their paths ever crossed during any training sessions or promotional dealings? It's just curious to me, considering that they are both all American farm boys that wrestled and went on to the UFC and became Champs in their weight class, (Matt in his 4th UFC bout, Brock in his 3rd UFC bout). They both love to hunt and be in the outdoors, and both have publicly addressed God during after fight speeches. It just seems that they have alot in common and I wondered whether or not they had ever crossed one anothers paths and whether or not they were friendly...

Anyways, just something I was curious about...