Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Rev

I dont think BJ lets it get passed the 3rd
I hope Randy wins and retires for good. Anyone else and I would want them to beat Randy but not Toney. Didnt like him in Boxing and dont like him now. LOVE to heaar him interview.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I dont think BJ lets it get passed the 3rd
I hope Randy wins and retires for good. Anyone else and I would want them to beat Randy but not Toney. Didnt like him in Boxing and dont like him now. LOVE to heaar him interview.
he brings trash talk to a whole other level. he was talking about knocking DW out if he gives him attitude..
What a psycho. he'd be bad for MMA.

[
Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
he brings trash talk to a whole other level. he was talking about knocking DW out if he gives him attitude..
What a psycho. he'd be bad for MMA.
Oh, he's harmless.

He ain't no different than Chael Sonnen when it comes to hype except he's been doing it a lot longer. He's amusing to a certain degree, but he has done and said some things in the past that basically turned me away from supporting him years ago, so I don't really care much about how this plays out. Although, from a boxing standpoint anybody who doesn't respect who James is and what he has accomplished is just crazy. On that comment about knocking Dana out, the two of them had a bit of a hissy fit going back and forth for a minute there and you know that's just how James talks about everybody. I wouldn't take him seriously on that statement, although if he did that it would be the single most shocking event in MMA history by a wide margin.

Ya do gotta give Toney credit if he actually goes through with this, win/lose/or draw. It takes guts to step outside of your element and take on somebody as experienced and tested as Randy Couture your first time out. He's gonna be new to the rules, wearing little gloves, and not wearing any shoes. I just hope James doesn't get wild in there if he gets scared and feels like he is in trouble and then does something blatantly illegal.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Oh, he's harmless.

He ain't no different than Chael Sonnen when it comes to hype except he's been doing it a lot longer. He's amusing to a certain degree, but he has done and said some things in the past that basically turned me away from supporting him years ago, so I don't really care much about how this plays out. Although, from a boxing standpoint anybody who doesn't respect who James is and what he has accomplished is just crazy. On that comment about knocking Dana out, the two of them had a bit of a hissy fit going back and forth for a minute there and you know that's just how James talks about everybody. I wouldn't take him seriously on that statement, although if he did that it would be the single most shocking event in MMA history by a wide margin.

Ya do gotta give Toney credit if he actually goes through with this, win/lose/or draw. It takes guts to step outside of your element and take on somebody as experienced and tested as Randy Couture your first time out. He's gonna be new to the rules, wearing little gloves, and not wearing any shoes. I just hope James doesn't get wild in there if he gets scared and feels like he is in trouble and then does something blatantly illegal.

All True:
Toney has always talked trash, he knows how to promote not only a fight but he also knows how to promote himself. this has always been his way and I used to love it but it got old. when he stepped up to HW in boxing and started calling out, "the Frankenstine twinns", it was sad, but funny. You can rest assured knowing that even if Randy comes in and owns James, he will leave the buiding talking trash(RJJ fight ring a bell? lol) I dont know if he is bad for mma just yet, it all depends on how he conducts himself come fight night. Either way, it should make for and interesting show. Truth is he could brong alot of fans and money to the MMA world and that will get the fighters paid more.(now enter everyone saying that "the evil Dana will not share his money" wah, wah, wah)

that being said, I hope Randy puts a whipping on him that he wont soon forget, and my reason for that is because if it goes any other way the boxing world(PBF) will go on talking and talking about the superiority of Boxing.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
So, it was BJ Penn who defeated BJ Penn then eh? Ahh, I see

This is the reason I want Frankie to embarrass BJ, because no matter what when BJ loses its not because of BJ's inferiority as the opponent, its because of BJ himself

Frankie looked spectacular, and he will again...I think he has BJ's number. But I'm sure the nuthuggery will still attribute his loss to something other than BJ himself.
Vizion i totally agree with you +100%

I really dislike BJ because of what you stated... why is it ok for him to always have an excuse when he loses? anyway I want Frankie to out strike him

Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
All True:
Toney has always talked trash, he knows how to promote not only a fight but he also knows how to promote himself. this has always been his way and I used to love it but it got old. when he stepped up to HW in boxing and started calling out, "the Frankenstine twinns", it was sad, but funny. You can rest assured knowing that even if Randy comes in and owns James, he will leave the buiding talking trash(RJJ fight ring a bell? lol) I dont know if he is bad for mma just yet, it all depends on how he conducts himself come fight night. Either way, it should make for and interesting show. Truth is he could brong alot of fans and money to the MMA world and that will get the fighters paid more.(now enter everyone saying that "the evil Dana will not share his money" wah, wah, wah)

that being said, I hope Randy puts a whipping on him that he wont soon forget, and my reason for that is because if it goes any other way the boxing world(PBF) will go on talking and talking about the superiority of Boxing.
Oh I know all about Toney and Jones, and that's reason number one that I don't like him. Reason number two is steroids, lol

Still, just as much as the Boxers talk trash about MMA there are plenty of MMA fighters and fans who talk trash about Boxing. It's a stupid argument to begin with and both sides are to blame. Floyd Mayweather has commented on MMA, but Dana White has also been bashing Floyd for years. The truth is Dana White would LOVE to cash in on a guy like Floyd Mayweather. If he will sell us an old James Toney what do you think he would do to get Mayweather in here? He don't even have to like the guy, but money talks, especially in Las Vegas. The difference is Mayweaher isn't as dumb as Toney, and he don't need the money.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Oh I know all about Toney and Jones, and that's reason number one that I don't like him. Reason number two is steroids, lol

Still, just as much as the Boxers talk trash about MMA there are plenty of MMA fighters and fans who talk trash about Boxing. It's a stupid argument to begin with and both sides are to blame. Floyd Mayweather has commented on MMA, but Dana White has also been bashing Floyd for years. The truth is Dana White would LOVE to cash in on a guy like Floyd Mayweather. If he will sell us an old James Toney what do you think he would do to get Mayweather in here? He don't even have to like the guy, but money talks, especially in Las Vegas. The difference is Mayweaher isn't as dumb as Toney, and he don't need the money.
That's very true J.B my question is. Why did they pick Randy to fight Toney instead of using some one who actually has a good stand up game? Wouldn't that be more of a who's better the MMA guy or the boxer?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's very true J.B my question is. Why did they pick Randy to fight Toney instead of using some one who actually has a good stand up game? Wouldn't that be more of a who's better the MMA guy or the boxer?
Cause Randys old a** needed some attention.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Cause Randys old a** needed some attention.
LOL Why do you hate him so much Miss Foxy?

Hes nowhere near my favorite but i think he seem like a cool guy.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL Why do you hate him so much Miss Foxy?

Hes nowhere near my favorite but i think he seem like a cool guy.
He grosses me out his leather face, horrible teeth, and awful tan..I don't like him in and out of the ring. I don't know he just annoys me. He's an adulterer. So many people praise this skeleton. I can go on for days.. Him, GSP, Serra, and a few others...