Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 PM
BamaGrits84

Default UFC 118 Pre-fight Thoughts

I'm really excited about UFC 118. Reason being I think BJ's gonna get his belt back. When he fought Frankie the first time I knew as soon as the started his walkin something was up. It was this look on his face the didn't look like BJ normally looks when he is ready for war. I could tell something was wrong. I don't know what it was but it's the reason he lost IMO. I also knew he'd never say something was wrong because of all the times people have said BJ makes excuses for losing. The only re-match I've ever seen be set up so fast. I bet Dana knows what was up with BJ and that's the reason the rematch came so fast. Or maybe it's just he know BJ has more fans and can sell my title fight PPVs.

I'm looking for Randy to pull off the win too. If he could last as long as his did with Brockzilla's frying pan sized fist hitting him, I think he'll be fine against Toney.

I'm going with Maia over Miranda.

Maynard over KenFlo. Just like Maynard more. KenFlo needs to get a sense of humor or something.

Davis over Diaz. Pre pre-richardo tweet I may have went with Diaz despite my dislike because he is a good fighter, but he pissed me off so I'll never pick him again even if he's fighting a one arm midget.

And I'm going with Lauzon over Ruediger.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Blade

I'm hoping BJ wipes the floor with Frankie Edgar and I'm also hoping James Toney wins because Couture's fake tan and gums are starting to offend me and it also makes me laugh everytime I hear Toney call Couture 'princess'
Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I'm hoping BJ wipes the floor with Frankie Edgar and I'm also hoping James Toney wins because Couture's fake tan and gums are starting to offend me and it also makes me laugh everytime I hear Toney call Couture 'princess'
Gums? Huh? And you think that's a fake tan? Doesn't look orange enough to me.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I second that!!! Penn my love is gonna smash on Frankie. Poor guy.. lol. And don't get me started with Couture..
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Gums? Huh? And you think that's a fake tan? Doesn't look orange enough to me.
Yeah gums...haven't you seen him when he does that stupid smile? He looks like a friggin' horse.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
I'm also hoping James Toney wins because Couture's fake tan and gums are starting to offend me and it also makes me laugh everytime I hear Toney call Couture 'princess'

Post of the year!

'Ama getcha!'
Old 08-16-2010, 02:29 PM
sunshine_jkd

I think BJ will win, but I like Frankie Edgar and would actually like to see him win yet again. I think Couture will embarrass Toney,...although the only other thing that could happen is Toney embarrases Couture. I'm looking forward to this card
Old 08-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I think BJ's gonna get his belt back. When he fought Frankie the first time I knew as soon as the started his walkin something was up. It was this look on his face the didn't look like BJ normally looks when he is ready for war. I could tell something was wrong. I don't know what it was but it's the reason he lost IMO.
So, it was BJ Penn who defeated BJ Penn then eh? Ahh, I see

This is the reason I want Frankie to embarrass BJ, because no matter what when BJ loses its not because of BJ's inferiority as the opponent, its because of BJ himself

Frankie looked spectacular, and he will again...I think he has BJ's number. But I'm sure the nuthuggery will still attribute his loss to something other than BJ himself.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 PM

If BJ doesn't step his game up, and FE comes in like he did in the first fight, the result will not change.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM

I think Penn will come in focused. I think he really has to build upa a dislike for an opponenet in order to perform well against them.

I think Randy will win but man Toney's hands are lightening fast and all he has to do is connect and Randy will go out. Boxers in 4 oz gloves terrify me. this could be a shocking surprise.

should be a good card

[