Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 08-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
2k a year
167.00 a month
42 buck a week

Not that bad when you do the math (I'm sure you have)

Please keep us posted on how it;s going. how'd the wife like it?
I can't get my wife to join the fun. I really think she'd be good and hitting people
Yeah, it's like $174 or something and around $180 with the 7% financing, not bad!

She really enjoyed it, but when she started seeing numbers, she kinda freaked. She always converts things to Philippine Pesos and says "that's expensive".

Moreso than that, she has a sporadic evening schedule and works on the weekends. She's keeping the 8-5 during the weekday open so that she can pursue a job in accounting. Hopefully, she'll get something that pays really well and can work less in the evenings so she can start attending classes. She figures I can go, learn, then teach her what I learned. That's ok, but I'd really like for her to go to the class and learn from the trained professionals.

Pray she'll find a good-paying job soon and she can do this!

BTW, my right elbow hurts (not painful, but I can feel it) from getting popped in an armbar last night. Just wanted to see what it feels like!

They're doing jiu jitsu tonight for an hour, should be fun.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah buddy!

We're leaving now, wish us lotsa brusies!
Wow! Your wife is beautiful. You are a blessed man.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Wow! Your wife is beautiful. You are a blessed man.
Thank you!

Had my first Jiu Jitsu lesson last night. Class was pretty diverse because we had white belts (me) up to black belts (my partner) so we learned a good variety of techniques.

Today is MMA sparring, but I won't be able to make it. But I'll be able to make my 2nd Jiu Jitsu class and Malaya Eskrima - not sure if I'm too interested in this, but I suppose if I ever face a life or death situation, it'd be good to know how to fight with a stick since you can usually find those anywhere.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

This is pretty sweet. This past weekend, I attended a knife fighting seminar (long painful days, but fun!) and received a practitioner level's certification for completing module 1 and 2. In January, I'll complete module 3 and receive an instructor's certification!

Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

That's pretty sweet man! Now next time you run into Bas at a seminar & he asks "Who wants to knife fight with me in the audience!?", you can take him up on it.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's pretty sweet man! Now next time you run into Bas at a seminar & he asks "Who wants to knife fight with me in the audience!?", you can take him up on it.
LOL, sounds good. The main thing learned from the whole experience simply is that nobody wins in a knife fight. Some of the guys I was sparring have done this for 20 years and even I was able to get in a few eye stabs and sweeps on them and I only had 10 hours total this weekend.

Best is obviously to avoid, but if faced, at least I have some ideas how to better the situation and get the heck outta Dodge.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 AM
ufcfan2

I need to get back into my kickboxin and jits class haven't attended in a few months. First shoulder injury and now work have put a damper on things hopefully in another month I can get back into it...
Though I plan on attending school part-time so I may have to goto another school to learn if I can.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
This is pretty sweet. This past weekend, I attended a knife fighting seminar (long painful days, but fun!) and received a practitioner level's certification for completing module 1 and 2. In January, I'll complete module 3 and receive an instructor's certification!

You need to reward yourself with this:

Emerson Combat Karambit Folder with Wave Feature
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM

I'm not sure what happened to the picture in the post above. Here is a repost.