Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-11-2010, 04:06 PM
BamaGrits84

Default pet peeves

I knwo there was an office pet peeves topic once but I figured I'd open it up to all pet peeves.

-Leaving the toilet seat cover on the seat. If you are so worried about germs you use the toilet seat cover do you think the next person that has to go wants to handle paper with your dead butt skin cells on it and pee splash? I think not!

-Cashiers at the gas stations who talk on the phone while they check you out. You want me to get off to ring me up but you don't want to get off? I don't think so.

-Stores that have awesome sales but little / no stock of the sale item. If a sale starts on a Friday morning and you're out of everything by Friday afternoon you have poor logistics planning.

-Twilight & everything about it.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

My pet peeve for the day:

1) Gum chewers who pop it or make any other smacking noise when chewing it. GROSS!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Miss Foxy

My co-workers trying to act professional when they don't have one bone in their bodies that could even be somewhat decent!! Pronoucing deductible- "deductabo" or when ending a call telling the member "take care bah bye".... Your kidding me right? OMG!! I'm so annoyed!!
Using words out of context!!! Grrrrr
I know my grammar sucks on here, because I am always sneaking so I don't have time to correct myself, but best believe I speak clearly!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

People that butcher English because they're not intelligent/educated enough to know or care.
  • Examples
    • Making up words because they think they sound better - "irregardless"
    • Assuming that because a word sounds similar, it's interchangeable "This book's entitled . . ."/"This conversation is mute"/etc.
    • Being too lazy to learn the difference between envious & jealous
I don't know why, but these types of things really piss me off.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
People that butcher English because they're not intelligent/educated enough to know or care.
  • Examples
    • Assuming that because a word sounds similar, it's interchangeable "This book's entitled . . ."/"This conversation is mute"/etc.
My bf gets really angry at his family for using either run on or incomplete sentences on FB. And for either, he says EYEther, not EEther....that cracks me up.

Spelling and grammar bother me if I know the person knows better and they still say it/write it incorrectly. The one that REALLY gets to me is when people say "I could care less." Really? You could? Because I couldn't!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
My bf gets really angry at his family for using either run on or incomplete sentences on FB. And for either, he says EYEther, not EEther....that cracks me up.

Spelling and grammar bother me if I know the person knows better and they still say it/write it incorrectly. The one that REALLY gets to me is when people say "I could care less." Really? You could? Because I couldn't!

~Amy
I pronounce it EYEther as well.. lol
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
  • Examples
When writing not knowing when to use accept or except! Grrrr.. Adding an A to the words when pronouncing things=taquitas...lol..Or mainly my last name it's Villasenor *I can care less if they pronounce it Veal-a-sen-Ohr....but Villasenora.. I was not aware I gained an A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I pronounce it EYEther as well.. lol
It sounds very dignified to pronounce it EYEther. I just sound like a Texas girl with my EEther. Every now and then EYEther will slip out now since I've been around him for so long.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-11-2010, 05:24 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
My pet peeve for the day:

1) Gum chewers who pop it or make any other smacking noise when chewing it. GROSS!

~Amy
I thought yours would have something to do with dog poop!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
BamaGrits84

Speaking of Facebook is it just the teenagers in my family / church or do you all get freind request from teens where they have created new profiles a dozen times. And then they update from them all!