Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-11-2010, 04:03 AM
huan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

When I had my first apartment I had an upstairs neighbor that actually picked up after his dog, but somehow found it appropriate to set the baggies along the half wall around my patio. I chuckled the first time, but it gradually got worse. I would come home from work to find 2 or 3 baggies of poop nicely lined up on top of my wall.

I got pretty tired of it, so one day I painted a sign that said "do not place your dog poop here" and fixed it to the corner of my wall. Never happened again... A few neighbors even complemented my awesome drawing of the dog poop with steam wafting off the surface. Art is a powerful catalyst.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-11-2010, 05:33 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Neighbor problems can be a nightmare. I sympathize with you, Amy.

If it was me, I'd try to be as neighborly as possible and use that approach. They may not even be aware that there's a problem (some people are that dense!). I wouldn't go so far as to buy them a pooper scooper but you might say in a friendly way "I hate to pick up the poop too but it would be great if we all dispose of it right away so I don't step in it again. Thanks!" or something to that effect.

It can be horrible trying to deal with neighbors and their problem pets (usually the problem is the pet owner) but I really feel it's much better to start with the friendly, helpful approach. Good luck with it, Amy.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
3dlee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is what you shoud do lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfmS3Pow5-o
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I didn't read the whole thread Amy ( surprise, I know) but isn't there a management office where you live? I've worked in property management for so long, I've had to call residents for everything, from pick up your dog poop to your neighbor can hear the bed hitting the wall and you screaming at 2:am. Let them handle it if you have someone to.

No management office. There is a home owner's association that deals with that but they meet and decide and then put out the minutes of the meeting. They can send the two ladies a letter telling them to pick up the poo.

I came home last night from watching "The Other Guys" (very funny) and heard the main one outside on her phone talking about how "She wont' have anything to do with me in public and she won't touch me in bed anymore. She has her side and I have mine" Soooo, maybe they will break up and sell the house?


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-11-2010, 03:36 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

Well then just go up to them and say " hey, you need to pick up your dogs **** I'm sick of seeing it, smelling it and stepping in it and you need to start right now"

That ought to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
No management office. There is a home owner's association that deals with that but they meet and decide and then put out the minutes of the meeting. They can send the two ladies a letter telling them to pick up the poo.

I came home last night from watching "The Other Guys" (very funny) and heard the main one outside on her phone talking about how "She wont' have anything to do with me in public and she won't touch me in bed anymore. She has her side and I have mine" Soooo, maybe they will break up and sell the house?


~Amy
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Well then just go up to them and say " hey, you need to pick up your dogs **** I'm sick of seeing it, smelling it and stepping in it and you need to start right now"

That ought to do it
I went out with the bf last night and when I was walking Henry prior to bedtime, the main lady was outside talking on her cell. I heard her say, "She won't have anything to do with me in public. And she won't let me touch her in bed. She has her side and I have mine." I walked fast to go back inside before I had to hear more. So maybe, just maybe, they'll break up, sell the house and MOVE!!! Or maybe they'll split and divide the dogs!

~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I went out with the bf last night and when I was walking Henry prior to bedtime, the main lady was outside talking on her cell. I heard her say, "She won't have anything to do with me in public. And she won't let me touch her in bed. She has her side and I have mine." I walked fast to go back inside before I had to hear more. So maybe, just maybe, they'll break up, sell the house and MOVE!!! Or maybe they'll split and divide the dogs!

~Amy
Ewww and I bet they are hideous looking right?! Barf!!! lol.. Yes, hopefully they will move the heck on!!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Ewww and I bet they are hideous looking right?! Barf!!! lol.. Yes, hopefully they will move the heck on!!

Yeah, my bf, being a man and all, asked why there couldn't be hot lesbians instead of ugly ones living there. Dork.

I am hoping they will be forced to sell. It would solve everything!


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-11-2010, 04:01 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yeah, my bf, being a man and all, asked why there couldn't be hot lesbians instead of ugly ones living there. Dork.

I am hoping they will be forced to sell. It would solve everything!


~Amy
I agree. If you're going to have lesbian neighbors, they really should be hot. They should also invite me over to participate once in a while when they get an urge to share a man.

Ugly lesbians = WASTE.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.