Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default What would YOU do?

So, I live in a townhouse that is the end unit. Between my house and the next group of townhomes there is a small side yard that we share to access our back yards. The neighbors in that other end unit on that side have 3 dogs. I have one dog. I always pick up after my dog, always. The neighbors NEVER pick up after their 3 dogs and they like to let them use that side yard that we share. I have always known that one day I would step in the poo. Well it happened this morning. I got it all over one of my shoes AND my pants leg. I was livid. Still am. I try to watch where I walk but come on.....there are piles all over now. I had to put out the trash this morning or I wouldn't have even been over there.

I never said anything to the two ladies who live there but I know they realize they should be picking up their dog poo because when I have been outside walking in or out and they are out there, one of them (on two different occasions) told the other to remind her to pick it up after it's dried out more. Gross.

So what would YOU do? I want to challenge the main girl to a duel. Or leave the droppings on their porch for them to deal with. I am afraid if I talk to them at this point, I will still be too angry and we'll all end up hating each other and feuding. I am so mad that I can't even think about how I'm going to react if I see either lady when I get home after work. The calm, polite thing for me to do would be to buy them a pooper scooper and gift it to them as a nice gesture but I don't want ME to have to spend money for THEM to do the right thing.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
So what would YOU do? I want to challenge the main girl to a duel.
~Amy
That's what I would do! And by "main girl" do you mean they are a couple and she's the woman?

Seriously if I had just stepped in it & reacted on the spot I would have thrown every bit of it at their front door. But if I chilled out and then responded I think I would go with th pooper scooper idea. I bet you could find 1 at the dollar tree and just make a joke of it. You know say something about hearing them talking about picking it up & that is how you keep your distance from the nastiness of it.

My neighbors always have company and I mean like 5 extra cars lining the street. i thought it was a dope house when we first moved in. Turns out their friends just have no where better to go. Well I got sick of people parking directly behind my drive way and on both sides of it to where I could barely get out. My brother "accidently" backed into one.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Miss Foxy

I would approach them and ask them to either pick it up or pay a kid to come pick it up that you all share that space and for sanitary reasons it would be nice if they would bestow the same courtesy that you have. Really no way around it.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
That's what I would do! And by "main girl" do you mean they are a couple and she's the woman?

Seriously if I had just stepped in it & reacted on the spot I would have thrown every bit of it at their front door. But if I chilled out and then responded I think I would go with th pooper scooper idea. I bet you could find 1 at the dollar tree and just make a joke of it. You know say something about hearing them talking about picking it up & that is how you keep your distance from the nastiness of it.

My neighbors always have company and I mean like 5 extra cars lining the street. i thought it was a dope house when we first moved in. Turns out their friends just have no where better to go. Well I got sick of people parking directly behind my drive way and on both sides of it to where I could barely get out. My brother "accidently" backed into one.
By "main girl" I mean they are two women and are a couple. One deals more with the dogs than the other.

I am thinking more of doing the pooper scooper idea or offering to give them bags to use. It's all just because we are going to have to find a way to get along since we are neighbors and that's not changing for a few years.

There are a lot of little things they do that irritate me so this just really set me off. They also have a lot of company and use up all of the visitor spots for parking. EVERY night. And they like to put their extra trash bags in my trash can when I place it out every week. I go to throw my dog poo bag in there on my way out the door to go to work on Tuesday mornings and they have put their trash bags in MY can! So weird. All the other neighbors pick up after their dogs and seem to be very normal. It's just these two ladies.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I would approach them and ask them to either pick it up or pay a kid to come pick it up that you all share that space and for sanitary reasons it would be nice if they would bestow

Girl, in my younger days I would have marched over there with the poo pants and told them they are responsible for the dry cleaning and would have demanded that it's all picked up by the time I get home from work today or there would be a complaint against them to the neighborhood association. That's a scary group of people right there.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I am thinking more of doing the pooper scooper idea or offering to give them bags to use. It's all just because we are going to have to find a way to get along since we are neighbors and that's not changing for a few years.
~Amy
Yeah I'm not sure beating up someone you have to see everyday for the next few years will more for very comfrotable living.

Have you ever seen the part in one of Adam sandler's movies where he sets a bag of dog poop on fire on this man's door step, rings the bell, then runs off behind the bushes to see the guy stomp the fire out? That's always an option.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Yeah I'm not sure beating up someone you have to see everyday for the next few years will more for very comfrotable living.

Have you ever seen the part in one of Adam sandler's movies where he sets a bag of dog poop on fire on this man's door step, rings the bell, then runs off behind the bushes to see the guy stomp the fire out? That's always an option.
I've known real life people to do that back in Texas.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Twinsmama

I have known many aholes like this before. it doesn't matter if you try to approach them friendly or w/ a gift kinda as a joke. you will get the same response. they don't care about what you want or they would already be picking it up. you are better off to wait until you are cooled off a little then go over there and tell them what happened. then ask them to please pick up the poop. see how they respond.

next i think you need to start picking up their poo and placing it behind their tires. then when they get home they can step in it. my husband is always telling me to calm down that i am to fiesty but some people have no respect. if he was here he would tell me that wouldn't solve anything. neither way probably will but at least i'd feel better!

i also agree the garbage thing is weird. who even does that??
Old 08-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
I have known many aholes like this before. it doesn't matter if you try to approach them friendly or w/ a gift kinda as a joke. you will get the same response. they don't care about what you want or they would already be picking it up. you are better off to wait until you are cooled off a little then go over there and tell them what happened. then ask them to please pick up the poop. see how they respond.

next i think you need to start picking up their poo and placing it behind their tires. then when they get home they can step in it. my husband is always telling me to calm down that i am to fiesty but some people have no respect. if he was here he would tell me that wouldn't solve anything. neither way probably will but at least i'd feel better!

i also agree the garbage thing is weird. who even does that??
I'm not sure why they put their garbage in my can each week. They have their own can and they usually wheel it out each week. So???

I am hoping to embarrass them into acting appropriately. Next step is the neighborhood association who will fine them if they keep it up. I may just go that route anyway without a confrontation first because they wouldn't then be 100% sure of who turned them in. If I talk to them about it beforehand and then turn them in after a couple of weeks with them still doing it, they'll know it was me and may cause a fuss.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Blade

Store up 6 months worth of it in a wheelbarrow and then go dump it on their doorstep in the middle of the night in a nice mountain, Jurassic Park style.