Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-10-2010, 03:00 PM
DonnaMaria

oh no Michelle your car?!?!?!?!? That beautiful car?!?!?

At least no one was seriously hurt!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
DonnaMaria

Fantastic story Boomer! Excellent!

Il boomer di storia fantastico! Ottimo! Bravo Bravo!

( I'm reading Eat Pray Love right now. I can't help but speak in Italian! )
Old 08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Great tale, Boomer!

Michelle, not the Mustang! Were Matt & Forrest hurt????
Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

We got our Boomer Tale!!!

Thank you for taking the time do write it. We are greedy, aren't we?

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM
rearnakedchoke

i wonder why they put all they english speaking fighters in one car and all the portugeuse fighters in another? they should have put chael with all the brazilians ... LOL ...

great tale boomtown ... as always
Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
HAIL HAIL FORUM OF FORUMS BOOMER GOT A TALE TO TELL!!!! COME IN FROM THE FIELDS, LET THE PLOWS BE ...DEVO DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES .. THE COUNTRY SAGE HAS RETURNED FROM BATTLE WITH VICTORY RESOUNDING FROM ON HIGH!!!

UFC 117 was the best live card I have ever been too. When matt came out, again I stopped breathing except when I was screaming. I did pray the whole fight. I had a good feeling about this whole fight even before I got there. I don;t always take my “good feelings” as matt will win, but will be safe which is what I really pray for. When matt stepped into that octagon it was like he had already won. He just looked that good and it just felt that right. When matt caught him with that upper cut I blew my voice out. (really right now I have no voice .. so txt me if you need to talk haha) Then when he finished him with that choke …. I peed a little and spilled my beer .. just like UFC 52, but this time I wasn't watching a stranger.
I did too, Boomer. Normally, the closer it gets to the date of Matt's fights, I start to feel that anxious excitement inside. It's not that I don't have complete faith in Matt and his abilities, it's more about that "anything can happen in a fight" that Matt himself has mentioned a time or two. But this time, I just felt more peaceful. I too prayed for his safety in the cage and his safe return to his family.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
One of the scriptures in the Bible that I try to keep close to heart is 1 Peter 5:5

“God opposes the proud but favors the humble.”

If any man on this planet is living proof this scripture is true its matt hughes. I really believe that God;s favor is on matt because of the humility that is in his heart. With everything he could be doing or the man he could be with this fame, he remains so humble, genuine and true to his family and friends. I couldn't count the times that he was looking at pictures of his kids on his cell phone .. or he would get off the phone with Audra and say to me,
“Boomtown have I told you what I good one I have waiting at home?”
Me too. I think it's that "special" something I've sensed about Matt since the first time I ever saw him fight. I think that's why so many people are drawn to him...not the fighter, but the man.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Great tale, Boomer!

Michelle, not the Mustang! Were Matt & Forrest hurt????
They were wearing their seatbelts!!! Remember the pic???
Old 08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

[QUOTE=Bonnie;129993]
Quote:

I did too, Boomer. Normally, the closer it gets to the date of Matt's fights, I start to feel that anxious excitement inside. It's not that I don't have complete faith in Matt and his abilities, it's more about that "anything can happen in a fight" that Matt himself has mentioned a time or two. But this time, I just felt more peaceful. I too prayed for his safety in the cage and his safe return to his family.

Me too. I think it's that "special" something I've sensed about Matt since the first time I ever saw him fight. I think that's why so many people are drawn to him...not the fighter, but the man.

I hear yeah Bonnie. If you hang out with me for more than a day ... I don't get excited about much. In many cases I just been there done that and got board with it. But every single matt fight .... gets my blood pumping. Even after I know whats going to happen.

And yes ... agree. If I would have met matt out in a corn field (well actually I did ...) I would want to get to know him just as much in that situation as this. Just a good man. Not perfect ... but good.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Boomer;129999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I hear yeah Bonnie. If you hang out with me for more than a day ... I don't get excited about much. In many cases I just been there done that and got board with it. But every single matt fight .... gets my blood pumping. Even after I know whats going to happen.

And yes ... agree. If I would have met matt out in a corn field (well actually I did ...) I would want to get to know him just as much in that situation as this. Just a good man. Not perfect ... but good.
Wait, wait, wait. Matt's not perfect?

Just kidding. Perfect people annoy me anway.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i wonder why they put all they english speaking fighters in one car and all the portugeuse fighters in another? they should have put chael with all the brazilians ... LOL ...

great tale boomtown ... as always
that wouldn't have turned out too well. Funny thing, matt asked chael after that press conference if he spoke Portuguese because he corrected Anderson's manager on his translation. Chael laughed and said "no ... I just liked the look on his face and how nervous he got after that every time he had to translate."
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!