Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
pay attention, Blade...Matt hurt HIS knee in their last fight. Tyburn is looking for retribution.
I don't pay attention to Tyburn's posts out of principal, but if you're sad enough to go back and read his posts from the weekend then I think you'll find that Tyburn was slagging off Alves for feigning injury and deliberately missing weight against Hughes, and whereas it was actually an alleged ankle injury, Tyburn referred to it as a knee injury, hence why his Lordship said 'REALLY give Alves a bum knee' in his post that I quoted.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Miss Foxy

I don't... Not at all..
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
pay attention, Blade...Matt hurt HIS knee in their last fight. Tyburn is looking for retribution.
Yeah Blade....keep up

Old 08-09-2010, 04:16 PM
pistol-pete

I would like to see Hughes fight Carlos Condit. Condit came over from the WEC with a big name and reputation and I would like to see Hughes work him over.

I think Shields poses some problems for Hughes, mostly size. Shields worked over Dan Henderson pretty easily, and that was at 185. I think if Matt can keep it on his feet and stuff take downs then he has a shot to win. I think it is pretty obvious what would happen if Hughes would get underneath Shields.

If Hughes truly wants to make a run at the title again. He needs to go through guys like Sheilds, Fitch, and KOS. Currently I think Matt Hughes is taking the same route that Couture is, taking interesting fights, staying relavant and if a title shot comes up again take advantage of it. I am ok with that thought process. No reason to make your career irrelavant in a hurry by rushing into another shot at the title and losing again. Get some wins under their belt and make the title fight interesting.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:28 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
This is a VERY real scenario...

However, I think Dana is smart enough to know NOT to throw your newly signed guy in there with the master of Farmaconda.

How do you sell Sheidls as the greatest thing since sliced bread after Hughes beats him down?

Granted, it's NEVER a real blemish to lose to the best ever, but still, you can't have the guy you are trying to sell get farm-stomped.

Later.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't... Not at all..
Take Heart Good Miss Foxy, It is my Sincere Belief that BJ Penn will rise to heights once again. Even if he doesnt recapture any title. He's a beauty to behold when he fights to the best of his ability, which he has been doing rather more of late.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Jake Shields would be awesome!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
logrus

I dont want to see PEnn vs Hughes 3.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Take Heart Good Miss Foxy, It is my Sincere Belief that BJ Penn will rise to heights once again. Even if he doesnt recapture any title. He's a beauty to behold when he fights to the best of his ability, which he has been doing rather more of late.

That's not why I don't want to see them fight. I adore both of them and I would not watch it. Sorry! Of course I am more of a Hughes fan, but I have so much love for Penn.. I am a loyal person and would feel like I am cheating on them as a fan!! lol.