Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Hughes fanboy

I'd like to see it...but I'd like to see Matt vs more of the mainline WW's more. Kos for one.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i'd rather see matt face hallman next or the winner of shields/kampmann .. BJ is only gonna come up for a title shot, even though he said he wants revenge
Hallman? I was saying since before he was back in the UFC that they were probably going to bring him back for a possible rematch fight with Matt...wonder if I was right...would love to see it either way

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-09-2010, 03:45 AM
pistol-pete

I don't think BJ is going to want to fight Matt Hughes at WW. GSP wrote the blue print on how to dismantle BJ Penn at 170 pounds. BJ simply doesn't have the natural weight or strength to fight a fella like Matt Hughes or GSP. The only thing in his favor is that a fight against Hughes would only be 3 rounds instead of 5.

Matt's stand up is much improved since he last fought BJ and I don't think BJ is going to be able to do much on the ground against Hughes after he has been smashed up against the fence carrying Matt's weight for the first two rounds.

I would welcome the rematch as a Hughes fan. Like it was stated above, if Penn wins at 118 then there is no way he moves up to fight Hughes or any one else at 170.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 AM
huan

these are all facts:

shields handily defeats kampmann at 121

koscheck pulls out of 124 due to temporary blindness from seeing light reflect off his hair in a mirror while filming TUF. shields steps up, chokes gsp out (after a very intense pillow fight).

by january, matt starts to get tired of elk meat and gets the call to avenge robbie's loss to jake.

april/may 2011, matt once again holds the belt.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
I don't think BJ is going to want to fight Matt Hughes at WW. GSP wrote the blue print on how to dismantle BJ Penn at 170 pounds. BJ simply doesn't have the natural weight or strength to fight a fella like Matt Hughes or GSP. .
This
Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 AM
ufcfan2

Personally I'd rather see Matt fight Paulo Thiago or winner of Hardy/Condit fight. I also agree I wouldn't mind Matt fighting winner of Shields/Kampmann fight as well.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 AM
County Mike

Not interested in another BJ Penn fight. I'd rather see him fight Koscheck or GSP. I also wouldn't mind seeing him go to 185 and show Sonnen how it's supposed to be done.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
i was thinking, what's the biggest hughes fight that could happen besides a title shot or #1 contender shot? probably a rubber match with BJ at WW. if bj wins at ufc 118, does anyone want to see hughes penn III happen if this fight were offered? would bj want to move up? (i think dana would make this fight if both fighters wanted it because it would be a big fight) would hughes want to do it?
Well, In theory I'd love to see Hughes take best of three over Penn...but in reality Penn struggles to perform at Welterweight, and I think he will want to focus on the LWC now he has lost it.

I'd love to see Matt Hughes REALLY give Thiago Alves a bum knee in a rematch...but with Alves never making weight, they probably will force him up and outta the division.

Hughes vs Koscheck or Fitch would be...okay but relatively nothing, they all share similar styles, so the defining factor would be strength and we all know who has the most of that.

I'd ultimately like to see Hughes take GSP best of Five...reclaim his title...and make another run for it

I dont want to see him fight Dan Hardy or Jake Shields, because I like them and I am afraid that he might damage them LOL...and Carlos Condit...whatever that just doesnt interest me.
I dont know...whoever he fights it will be fantastic...I'm kinda just along for the ride really
Old 08-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I'd love to see Matt Hughes REALLY give Thiago Alves a bum knee in a rematch...
You keep referring to Alves' knee but it was an injured ankle.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
You keep referring to Alves' knee but it was an injured ankle.
pay attention, Blade...Matt hurt HIS knee in their last fight. Tyburn is looking for retribution.

[