Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-08-2010, 11:03 PM
que

Default Does anyone want to see Hughes Penn III?

i was thinking, what's the biggest hughes fight that could happen besides a title shot or #1 contender shot? probably a rubber match with BJ at WW. if bj wins at ufc 118, does anyone want to see hughes penn III happen if this fight were offered? would bj want to move up? (i think dana would make this fight if both fighters wanted it because it would be a big fight) would hughes want to do it?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:05 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
i was thinking, what's the biggest hughes fight that could happen besides a title shot or #1 contender shot? probably a rubber match with BJ at WW. if bj wins at ufc 118, does anyone want to see hughes penn III happen if this fight were offered? would bj want to move up? would hughes want to do it?
Any fight Matt wants to take is one I want to see. That's about as deep as I can get right now. I blame it on sleep deprivation & an adrenaline hangover.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I think it would be a great fight that Matt would win, and probably quite handily. It would also be a big draw. Still, it's all about timing, and right now it's time to celebrate another dominant victory in the career of the best UFC fighter in history.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I think it would be a great fight that Matt would win, and probably quite handily. It would also be a big draw. Still, it's all about timing, and right now it's time to celebrate another dominant victory in the career of the best UFC fighter in history.
THIS!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 PM

I disagree i think the only way it happens is if Bj doesnt win the title back in a couple weaks. There not gonna let the lw champion move up and get bat down again and delay future title matchups!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 AM
rearnakedchoke

i'd rather see matt face hallman next or the winner of shields/kampmann .. BJ is only gonna come up for a title shot, even though he said he wants revenge
Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 AM

no.... huge waste of time

i would like to see matt get his win back from hallman and gsp

and retire champion
Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
no.... huge waste of time

i would like to see matt get his win back from hallman and gsp

and retire champion

Hallman means nothing. Besides, there will always be those idiots who would say he was still on the losing end.

GSP...I would love it. I think Matt presents a problem for anybody at WW or MW and I have for a long time. It's all about the right timing and what everybody's plans are.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:06 AM
3dlee

I agree with the poster that voted winner of shields/kampmann. If Shields beats Kampmann decisively, Matt vs Shields could EASILY co main event any payperview, or it could possibly be the biggest non title match up to headline a UFN or UFConVS or TUF Finale.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:14 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
I agree with the poster that voted winner of shields/kampmann. If Shields beats Kampmann decisively, Matt vs Shields could EASILY co main event any payperview, or it could possibly be the biggest non title match up to headline a UFN or UFConVS or TUF Finale.
This is a VERY real scenario...

However, I think Dana is smart enough to know NOT to throw your newly signed guy in there with the master of Farmaconda.

How do you sell Sheidls as the greatest thing since sliced bread after Hughes beats him down?

Granted, it's NEVER a real blemish to lose to the best ever, but still, you can't have the guy you are trying to sell get farm-stomped.