Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Default Matt and Anderson........

Well to begin with Matt doesn't seem to have a care in the world for whom his next opponent will be but we can speculate!

I'd hate him to fight Fitch because he makes everyone look bad (including himself) - it will not be a good fight in the slightest.

Alves - a potential rematch providing Alves can make 170 & I think Hughes can take it.

If Kos wins, I legit think Hughes could challenge him for title and have a slobbernocker. I think they both have similar skill sets and could be a great fight. Perhaps with hughes the edge on BJJ.

Hardy would be an interesting fight - I think hughes would school Pointon & Swick and nothing to gain. Maybe Shields or Condit.

As for Anderson lets be frank here - Joe Silva has let him down on match ups. Joe Silva has done a bad job with some match ups. Maia, Leites and Cote really werent the guys to beat Anderson - and so they have let down Anderson in the quality of match ups. They are not the guys to make a fight. Granted make one of them but 2 outta of the 3 should never of happened. We al knew it was guys in the mould of Henderson who could push it and boy did Chael bring it. Anderson will know this morning he was in a fight!

So who next -

Belfort is a must and then really who is there that deserves it - no one unless a few people go some tears. So we gotta move Anderson to 205 - lets not waste him with bit part players lets get it involved.

Anderson v Rashad/Rampage/Shogun - all blockbusters depending on how matches go - any could be made

Anderson V Bones - this should/could happen - it would be a scary fight.

On the flip side surely GSP has seen enough to suggest he could beat Anderson - using the same tactic as Chael he could actually pull it off. However the GSP willl not be as big or strong as Chael.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Crisco

I think if Matt is interested in fighting still the next fight for him should be the winner of shields and Kampman with the winner fighting GSP after he beats fitch and Kos again.

If he feels like he wants it might aswell take another run at the belt baby!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:23 PM

I think if shields wins impressively over Kampmann then they'll give him GSP (after he beats Kos) I think Dana is bored of Fitch. that fight would be another snoozer.
I bet they give Matt the loser of Kampmann Shields or ALves for some retribution.

[
Old 08-08-2010, 05:40 PM

i think matt should hang back and wait to replace gsp in the koscheck fight, cause inevitably someone will get hurt, if it is gsp, then matt should replace, if it is koscheck then fitch will replace

i want matt to do two things then retire

beat gsp, and regain the title, then retire while holding the title
Old 08-08-2010, 08:15 PM
GnP

With what dana is saying about him wanting Alves at 185 that fight might be out of the window. When GSP beat KOS give matt KOS and Andeerson GSP. I think Matt beats KOS and GSP edges it against silva
Old 08-08-2010, 08:22 PM
logrus

To be honest Alv shouldn't be allowed to fight anyone decent in the 170 weight class until he proves he can consistently make weight. He did it vs Matt and got a title shot, and he did it against Fitch and almost got a title shot.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM
ufcfan2

Fitch is already gettin next shot at the title so I could see Matt getting winner of Shields/Kampmann fight or even Hardy/Condit fight.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
Fitch is already gettin next shot at the title so I could see Matt getting winner of Shields/Kampmann fight or even Hardy/Condit fight.
Im not so sure that Fitch has the next title shot. I think that if Shields wins the the UFC will give him a title shot to give GSP a new fight.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Country Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Im not so sure that Fitch has the next title shot. I think that if Shields wins the the UFC will give him a title shot to give GSP a new fight.

Yeah, Dana is already saying that he doesn't know about Fitch getting a shot and he mentioned the Shields Kampmann fight and said "we will have to see."

Which is BS, if Dana didn't want Fitch to fight for the title, he should have never promised him a shot.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast View Post
Yeah, Dana is already saying that he doesn't know about Fitch getting a shot and he mentioned the Shields Kampmann fight and said "we will have to see."

Which is BS, if Dana didn't want Fitch to fight for the title, he should have never promised him a shot.
I guess the problem is that GSP beat him so convincingly and so its hard to promote and get fans excited. I think the'll feel they need another W for fitch to give more superlatives for Rogan to hype up the match.

I think Hughes will have a similar problem in that GSP has beaten him twice which means Matt will have to do more than others to get that shot