Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I have several Tattoos

There is one on my upper right arm, that was my first, its a small single oriental character which is the verb "to enter" It reminds me that I have asked for the Holy Spirit to dwell inside me. There is a greek word that sums this up: Maranatha, which is generally what I call it if anyone asks. I got this when I was at Bradford University

My second Tattoo I got down in London, its on my lower right arm. Its called an Ocular Veritas, which means "Eye of Truth" mine is like an eye amoungst some blueish swirls, it reminds me that I am always being watched by a cloud of witnesses and that anything I put my hands to, I shall have to give an account of when the time comes for Judgement.

The third Tattoo I actually got in 2006 I think. Its a Heart inside a celtic shell with flames coming out of the top. This I call my Sacre Coeur and it is indeed on my chest, and people often stare at it when I go into the swimming pool because it is quite large. Sacre Coeur means Sacred Heart.

I already have my next Tattoo planned, it will be a feather a top a scroll and inside that scroll will be the first few verses of my favourite psalm. Number 130, and undernieth will be an old testament reference to my favourite verse in Deuteronomy The feather will be the most important bit, because it will remind me of Birds...Birds are really important to me, because they remind me that I hold intrinsic Value....as explained within the Gospels, Christ uses the sale of Sparrows to demonstrate that GOD loves all his creation simply for existing, not for doing, but for being, right down to some of the lowest forms of common life on the planet....like birds. He then says that if GOD feels that way about birds...imagaine how much he cares about a Human being. Apparently we are worth many sparrows I laugh...but you have no idea how deeply that resonates with me...I dont think people on this forum understand that at present, Jens The Budgie is basically acting as a living tattoo, a daily reminder of GODs love. Thats what Birds have come to represent, they are symbolic of intrinsic value to me....its something for a long while I didnt believe in.
Wow Dave that's cool you have tats!!! I would NEVER have guessed you of all people.. Sounds like you put a lot of thought in your pieces. I am too hyper and spontaneous most of mine I got at the time. Go figure I put cherries on me. I hate anything cherry flavored!!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I think Boom has the My Little Pony ones
teehee, that was my first thought too but I was afraid to say anything.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:26 AM
DonnaMaria

I got my tattoo last year and I have no regrets ...........yet!

But I definately think that waiting until I was almost 40 to get it was a smart move for me.

I'm not sure I would still like something that I picked out when I was 20.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tattoo.jpg (91.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-07-2010, 05:31 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Oh I hate mine. I'd do anything to have the removed. But laser removal is expensive. I have to put makeup over the one on my calf all the time. I would never get another. I was a stupid teenager at the time I got mine. Stupid drunken truth or dare...

My friend did the same thing and ended up with Papa Smurf on her hip..........

and there he remains........for all eternity...........

When she is old and gray and needs her diaper changed........there he will be.........taunting her..........

Old 08-07-2010, 05:33 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Oh I hate mine. I'd do anything to have the removed. But laser removal is expensive. I have to put makeup over the one on my calf all the time. I would never get another. I was a stupid teenager at the time I got mine. Stupid drunken truth or dare...
Do you use Kat Von D's tattoo cover? "Papa Smurf Girl" swears by it!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I got my tattoo last year and I have no regrets ...........yet!

But I definately think that waiting until I was almost 40 to get it was a smart move for me.

I'm not sure I would still like something that I picked out when I was 20.
that is really cool!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:48 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
that is really cool!

Thanks! Like I said, I'm still in love with it. Hope I still love it when I'm 80!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:50 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Thanks! Like I said, I'm still in love with it. Hope I still love it when I'm 80!
How much does feet-skin sag with age? The Forte may turn into a fortissimo!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:58 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
How much does feet-skin sag with age? The Forte may turn into a fortissimo!
Well.......in a way..........when I'm 80 fortissimo might be more appropriate anyway!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Smile

Here you go Miss Foxy

My Sacre Couer

My Ocular Veritas

My Maranatha