Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Honestly, I was more disappointed with the Sherdog main card breakdown of it. I couldn't believe the writer watched the same Serra fight and Renzo fight that I did if he thought that Matt aged markedly between them. Honestly, I thought he demolished Renzo in an even more devastating fashion than he did Serra (prob would have done the same to Serra if not for the unintentional headbutt that rocked him in Rd 1). I wonder what the prerequisites are to get to write for that site? Not much, apparently.
Sherdog has some horrible writing.. I only use them for looking up guys records
Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 PM
atomdanger

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/8/5/160...117-video-blog

I really like Ricardo's video blog, they ask him why he isn't trash talking Hughes,
he says something like "Why would I down talk a man who has done so much in this sport".
Old 08-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Good point.

IMO if a HOFer is on the card he should be co-main.
Im not so sure about this, if you look at the importance of other fights on the card this fight done not carry as much weight as other fights do. The title fight is clearly the main event and then you have 2 fights that could be give the winner a shot at the title. IMO those fights are more important. Should the fight get press because Matt is in it, yes, but that does not mean it should become more important than fights that have more on the line.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Im not so sure about this, if you look at the importance of other fights on the card this fight done not carry as much weight as other fights do. The title fight is clearly the main event and then you have 2 fights that could be give the winner a shot at the title. IMO those fights are more important. Should the fight get press because Matt is in it, yes, but that does not mean it should become more important than fights that have more on the line.
Legacy trumps eliminator fights every day of the week.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
They are both eliminator fights that still have a place on the main card, I just think that as part of being in the Hall of Fame your fights should all be given top 2 billing. When Matt beat Ricardo thats' going to put him on a 3 fight winning streak. if he's not working his way back up toward title contendership by then I'll be shocked.

[
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
They are both eliminator fights that still have a place on the main card, I just think that as part of being in the Hall of Fame your fights should all be given top 2 billing. When Matt beat Ricardo thats' going to put him on a 3 fight winning streak. if he's not working his way back up toward title contendership by then I'll be shocked.
I see what ur saying and somewhat agree on this as I think Almeida is close to a title shot as well. Well hes pretty close he will have to beat Matt and maybe one more imo to get a shot.
Its to later too worry about it now it is what it is and just enjoy all of the fights...
*Is Matt even wanting another shot at title or is he just lookin for interesting fights at this stage of his career???
Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 PM

For Matt Hughes fans its saddening but I understand why not. To majority of fans Hughes V Almedia is not setting tongues wagging. However I think purists are looking forward to it more. Almedia is like a better Renzo from what I can see.

Matt is a big underdog on this and I have put a bit of money on his win. I think if Matt wins this his next fight then is against a big boy and they'll be the big promoted fight - no doubt of that.

hughes is fighting for the old guard on Saturday. Liddell is gone, Coutore will be killed by most of the LHW, Franklin is building up again but Hughes is really the last and we all look to him.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Matt literally JUST said 2 minutes ago that he doesn't care where people rank this fight amongst the other fights.

He said he is just happy to fight now because it's kept him in shape and now he will have the fall off so he can go hunting.

Source: UFC 117 press conference
Old 08-07-2010, 10:09 PM
JohnnyB

So here's a question... Most of the places that list the fight card have Matt's fight as the 4th from the top (or second to fight on the main card).

MMAJunkie.com lists the live results, and has Matt fighting 3rd.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20175/ufc-...ve-results.mma

The question is this: I love Matt's walk-in, and I remember they showed it when Matt was the third fight at UFC 112. Is Matt fighting 3rd tonight, and if not, do you think they would still show his walk-in on the PPV?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:29 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post

The question is this: I love Matt's walk-in, and I remember they showed it when Matt was the third fight at UFC 112. Is Matt fighting 3rd tonight, and if not, do you think they would still show his walk-in on the PPV?
They will show his entrance. That's one prediction for tonight that I would say is a sure thing.