Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, he's right up there with ken shamrock ...

doesn't make sense - ken to tito

"i am gonna beat you into a living death"

doesn't use facts - ken to tito

"i am gonna smash your little head"

LOL
Ohhh yes.... the infamous "living death"....how could anybody forget that one...

That literally made me laugh out loud. Old school.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, he's right up there with ken shamrock ...

doesn't make sense - ken to tito

"i am gonna beat you into a living death"

doesn't use facts - ken to tito

"i am gonna smash your little head"

LOL

Classic!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

LOL...now Sonnen is claiming that he has a Hispanic Imposter who is pretending to be him...

Chael also claims that Lance Armstrong called him personally to discuss what was said in the interview with Pepe

Check it out...this guy is seriously delusional...They better do some more cat-scans on his brain before they let Anderson knock him around.

http://www.watchkalibrun.com/2010/8/...rs-on-jim-rome

Quote:
UFC number one contender Chael Sonnen appeared on Jim Rome's radio show today and pretty much had the same things to say in regards to Anderson Silva and his fight at UFC 117 on Saturday in Oakland.

In regards to why he dislikes Silva:

Three words: Earrings. Crooked hats and Pink T-shirts

Looks like 6 words. Chael also says that Ed Soares actually called Sonnen's management team and begged them to stop promoting the fight.

Chael also makes claims that Silva can speak "perfect English" but puts on a "Si habla espanol" act when prompted with questions.

Star-divide

When asked if Sonnen believed these things, Sonnen said "I believe them" and referenced the fake hype that permeates boxing invoking the Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis beef where Tyson went for eating Lennox's kids to hugging him at the end. Chael says he'll "never back off statements". That is ironic because Chael has both claimed and denied an infamous Twitter account that has made a lot of contentious statements.

Jim rome asks Sonnen if he made the statemnets about Lance Armstrong basically saying that he "gave himself cancer". Sonnen retorted that "[he] did not", that "Lance and [Sonnen] are teammates at Team Nike" and that "Lanced called [him]", spoke with him about it and cleared the air.

According to Sonnen:

I've never spoken about people without a middleweight contract. You will not see any footage of me saying anything about Lance Armstrong

Jim Rome then plays the audio from the infmaous interview of a man clearly sounding like Chael Sonnen saying that Lance gave himself cancer by taking PED's and then profited from that by making himself into a victim. Jim Rome stated that "it sounds just like [Sonnen]"

Sonnen replies that "it sounded nothing like me", that it "sounded like a guy with a Hispanic accent" and attributes the clip to an impersonator like his "5 fake Myspaces and 2 fake Twitters". Sonnen tells Rome to let his fighters make the call.

Rome states that it's incredulous that he would deny that it was him. Rome states that if it was an impersonator, they spent 45 minutes doing an interview posing as Sonnen. Rome wonders what Dana White thinks of this "fight hype" as it's gone over the line and Dana is a "no BS guy".

Rome listeners are more harsh. One emailer criticizes Chael as a liar and wonders why he is "role model for working man".

Another lists the top 5 lies in history:

* I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky
* The Check is in the mail
* I did not kill Nicole and Ron
* I did not take Performance Enhancing Drugs
* Jim Rome, that was not me. That was a Hispanic guy.

Jim then receives an email:

Hey Rome,

Someone is on the radio right now impersonating you.

Signed,

Chael Sonnen

P.S. Clark kent thinks Sonnen's disguise is transparent

Rome fans seem to want Chael to get his ass whipped, but they didn't say they would "pay" to see.

A female caller calls in who works in "voice recognition" and says it's him. She says she wants to see him get beat up.

Larry Pepe called in and spoke to Rome's assistant and confirmed it was Chael.

A caller says that "due to Lance's tendency to drop the legal 'hammer' on people", so he thinks that Sonnen will be hearing from his lawyer. Could be big trouble from Sonnen.

Rome says that Sonnen has talked himself into the public conscious and selling tickets, but he has talked himself into something bigger than what he is. Rome says that Sonnen went too far when he made his Armstrong comments.

Another person who worked in the field of voice recognition pretty much says it was Sonnen as well.
I love me some Jim Rome...he can be a dick, but he will shred you if you come with the weak sauce like Chael Sonnen.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Sonnen got clowned at the press conference...

Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Here is the audio of the Sonnen getting totally owned on Jim Rome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpcB-...layer_embedded
Old 08-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Well, I will say this about Sonnen, he's got me excited about watching an Anderson Silva fight. That's something that I never thought was possible after the pathetic embarrassment that was Silva's last fight.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:19 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Sonnen got clowned at the press conference...

Who is that in the back ground on the right?

Sonnen is funny, but Silva is probably gonna kick his butt. Too bad too because I stopped being a Silva fan after his last two fights. I want to see someone beat him but could any of us really stand Sonnen as champ? That'd be worse that Tito.

Speaking of which, for purely entertaining smack talking reasons, Sonnen vs Forrest or Sonnen vs Tito would be very amusing.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post

Sonnen is funny, but Silva is probably gonna kick his butt. Too bad too because I stopped being a Silva fan after his last two fights. I want to see someone beat him but could any of us really stand Sonnen as champ? That'd be worse that Tito.

Speaking of which, for purely entertaining smack talking reasons, Sonnen vs Forrest or Sonnen vs Tito would be very amusing.
That is Thiago Alves putting his pearly whites on display, lol

I think it's funny how much the fans and media have crapped on Anderson. You can tell he is visibly annoyed and sick of hearing it, and he never deserved any of this harsh criticism in my opinion. I can honestly say that all these people who have tossed Anderson under the bus after one or two fights will probably come back to liking Silva again after Saturday. The look on his face gives me the feeling that even though he will never say it, this one is personal.

Reporters kept badgering Silva about his comfort level in hyping the fight, and Silva had to keep giving the same short but humble answers while Chael just keeps running his mouth and people laugh like it's the best thing ever. At one point, Matt even cut in and commented in so many words that while it's fun to listen to all this hype going back and forth, that being soft-spoken or how they hype a fight just goes back to how a person was raised and there is nothing wrong with how Silva is.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post

I think that's Alves.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Better version