Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yup, I'm the one that called the moron a moron!!
Bite me!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Welcome
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I hate to have my first post start this way, but here goes.
Then why start it like this??? I felt it was time.

"I really believe that we have the best forum on the internet period."
It's Dave's opinion... .he has a right to it. Yes he does and I would fight for his right to express it. Doesn't mean I agree with it though.

While I have enjoyed reading here, I have never felt comfortable posting because I have seen the gang mentality in action here when one goes against the grain.
So you enjoy reading about a gang mentality you don't agree with??? That's not what I stated now is it? Nice try putting words in my mouth.

I have lurked here for probably over a year at least and have seen so much that has made me bite my tongue. I have seen posts deleted because the authors views didn't coincide with the moderators and things to that effect.
Name one. Can't name one offhand as they have been deleted.

I have seen people banned for differing views, especially if one doesn't follow lock-step and love Bush and Christianity.
That's not true. That is your opinion, and you have every right to it. I have a differing one.

I could hold back no more, and apologize if I have offended anyone. I'm just calling it like I see it.
But why now? In the middle of a members thread about how much they enjoy this place?? Because I felt that I could bite my tongue no more.

Oh Yeah, Looking forward to Matt's next fight. Go Matt!
This is the classic Troll closing.... say anything you want but end it with a Rah Rah Matt!!! Go team Hughes!!! I wanted to throw you a bone.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Bite me!
Haha, ease up, dude! I called you a moron originally because you came into a thread that was supposed to be about friends being thankful for each other & instead you went the exact opposite direction & bashed everyone here. I guess that "moron" wasn't the correct term. I believe "troll" is the more technical term.

The second time, I was joking around. My friend Dawn made fun of me for calling you a moron, so I was owning up to what I said. Honestly, if you're going to get this upset in a thread which, despite your best efforts, is still overwhelming dominated by friends joking with each other, then I would suggest you leave. You wouldn't stand a chance in a forum that allows people to have friends.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:57 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Haha, ease up, dude! I called you a moron originally because you came into a thread that was supposed to be about friends being thankful for each other & instead you went the exact opposite direction & bashed everyone here. I guess that "moron" wasn't the correct term. I believe "troll" is the more technical term.

The second time, I was joking around. My friend Dawn made fun of me for calling you a moron, so I was owning up to what I said. Honestly, if you're going to get this upset in a thread which, despite your best efforts, is still overwhelming dominated by friends joking with each other, then I would suggest you leave. You wouldn't stand a chance in a forum that allows people to have friends.
C'mon son, didn't you feel the love when I said bite me? You called me a moron twice.

How you can equate my first post with bashing everyone on this forum is amazing. You should ask VCU for a refund.

I can handle forums where friends congregate, though I feel that this forum is a bit too censored to allow a full expression of ideas. I can understand, I don't pay for the bandwidth here. In other forums that I participate in, the censors allow differing opinions on all subjects. When I wish to discuss certain topics, I will go there instead. I'll invite you if you so wish.

To the rest of the forum, my apologies again if I offended you.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
How you can equate my first post with bashing everyone on this forum is amazing. You should ask VCU for a refund.
Umm, you said that (and I'm paraphrasing) we were just a gang of close minded censors who can't handle differing opinions. I'm pretty sure that would constitute bashing everyone on the forums...

O, & I don't need a refund: I'm on scholarship!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:06 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Umm, you said that (and I'm paraphrasing) we were just a gang of close minded censors who can't handle differing opinions. I'm pretty sure that would constitute bashing everyone on the forums...

O, & I don't need a refund: I'm on scholarship!
The ones that gave you the scholarship should ask for the money back. Your paraphrase of my initial post missed the mark worse than the repubs choice for the VP candidate last year. I didn't go there now did I?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
The ones that gave you the scholarship should ask for the money back. Your paraphrase of my initial post missed the mark worse than the repubs choice for the VP candidate last year. I didn't go there now did I?
OK, here are direct quotes:

Quote:
gang mentality
Quote:
deleted because the authors views didn't coincide with the moderators
Quote:
people banned for differing views
Now, these are directly from your first post. If you'd please explain how "a gang of close minded censors who can't handle differing opinions" is not an accurate paraphrase of those quotes, I'd appreciate it.

I'll grant that you said other things like "I have enjoyed reading here"; and "seen so much that has made me bite my tongue"; and "I could hold back no more, and apologize if I have offended anyone. I'm just calling it like I see it."; but that's just filler between your bashing.

See, VCU taught me how to site sources, isn't that enough!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:17 AM
Chuck

Quote:
You did go there....

And you haven't been banned or had the post deleted....

So much for you're synopsis of this forum eh??
Old 02-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
You did go there....

And you haven't been banned or had the post deleted....

So much for you're synopsis of this forum eh??
Haha. I was figuring I'd pass on the childish jab since I'd already made a few myself. All's fair, right?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
OK, here are direct quotes:

Now, these are directly from your first post. If you'd please explain how "a gang of close minded censors who can't handle differing opinions" is not an accurate paraphrase of those quotes, I'd appreciate it.

I'll grant that you said other things like "I have enjoyed reading here"; and "seen so much that has made me bite my tongue"; and "I could hold back no more, and apologize if I have offended anyone. I'm just calling it like I see it."; but that's just filler between your bashing.

See, VCU taught me how to site sources, isn't that enough!
The problem is that you are taking my words and twisting them to suit your own agenda. I have seen the gang mentality of certain members. I have seen posts deleted. I have seen people banned for reasons that made me laugh. Do you deny that any of this has ever occurred on this forum?