Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Dammit Dave , What are Fuzzies ? Will penecilin cure it ? How am i going to explain this to my wife, Great , JUSSSSTTTTT GREAT DAVE!!!!!!!

there is no cure for what I got Mac

Old 02-26-2009, 02:14 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
there is no cure for what I got Mac

O god...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:14 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Dave, ignore that moron. I love this place & so do all the other regulars, which is whom this was meant for. Thanks for reminding us of how graet we have it here!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I hate to have my first post start this way, but here goes.

"I really believe that we have the best forum on the internet period."

While I have enjoyed reading here, I have never felt comfortable posting because I have seen the gang mentality in action here when one goes against the grain.

I have lurked here for probably over a year at least and have seen so much that has made me bite my tongue. I have seen posts deleted because the authors views didn't coincide with the moderators and things to that effect.

I have seen people banned for differing views, especially if one doesn't follow lock-step and love Bush and Christianity.

I could hold back no more, and apologize if I have offended anyone. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Oh Yeah, Looking forward to Matt's next fight. Go Matt!
Welcome!
I actually have VERY different opinions then most of my forum brothers and sisters, as do quite a few other folks on hear. despite a few heated occassions I've always been treated with respect as long as (and this is key) I've been respectful to others.
A bit of adivice that has worked for me recently is to: stay out of threads that you forsee yourself being upset in. Nobody's going to apologize for being a Christian or holding certain political beliefs. We are fans of Matt and that is the important thing here. hang out and talk MMA and get to know everyone, you'll change your mind!

[
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Buzzard

Won the bet. Thanks VCU. I bet a friend that I would be called a name within 2 hours after I posted. That was easy money and affirmed what I thought. It's actually sad that you had to resort to name calling. You wouldn't stand a chance in a forum that allows people to have differing opinions.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Buzzard

Thanks for the welcome Llamafighter.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 AM
timmyja

and the gloves come off...

Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:

While I have enjoyed reading here, I have never felt comfortable posting because I have seen the gang mentality in action here when one goes against the grain.

I have lurked here for probably over a year at least and have seen so much that has made me bite my tongue. I have seen posts deleted because the authors views didn't coincide with the moderators and things to that effect.

I have seen people banned for differing views, especially if one doesn't follow lock-step and love Bush and Christianity.

I could hold back no more, and apologize if I have offended anyone. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Well, your assessment of how this forum operates is 100% incorrect. Despite that, welcome to the forums!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:36 AM
County Mike

Quote:

I know what you're talking about but it's not entirely true. I go against the grain quite often and they don't attack me. You can voice your own, differing opinions. You just can't do it in an attacking sort of way. That's when the "gang" gets defensive. Give it a try. I think you'll be fine.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I know what you're talking about but it's not entirely true. I go against the grain quite often and they don't attack me. You can voice your own, differing opinions. You just can't do it in an attacking sort of way. That's when the "gang" gets defensive. Give it a try. I think you'll be fine.
Yeah, you have to understand that a lot of the regulars are actually REALLY close friends. Stick around and you'll feel the love!
just get your "Fuzzies" shots first.

Dave is one of the Best folks around these parts so lets let him have his thread back!

Go to introductions and start a thread! tell us a bit about yourself

[