Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default HIT Squad Urban Camo Shorts

I'm looking to by some shorts for no-gi BJJ & I really like the look of Matt's shorts (big surprise, right? ). Has anyone here bought these before? Just trying to hear some consumer reviews about fit, quality, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2010, 06:56 AM
annamal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I love em, good quality. There's an awesome velcroed pocket on the outside that is hard to find in fight shorts. Got to have somewhere to put your ipod when your just working out. The sizing seems off though, they were alot bigger than other shorts of the same waist size.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamal View Post
I love em, good quality. There's an awesome velcroed pocket on the outside that is hard to find in fight shorts. Got to have somewhere to put your ipod when your just working out. The sizing seems off though, they were alot bigger than other shorts of the same waist size.
Very cool, thanks for the info!

So when you say that the pants size is a little bigger, do you mean that a 32 fits more like a 34, or that a 24 fits more like a 34?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You need to ask the most important question of all. How do us college students get a discount..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
You need to ask the most important question of all. How do us college students get a discount..
I'm not a college kid anymore, bro. I'm a functioning, contributing member of society!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 AM
annamal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Very cool, thanks for the info!

So when you say that the pants size is a little bigger, do you mean that a 32 fits more like a 34, or that a 24 fits more like a 34?
I mean a size or two bigger. Is there really a size 24?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamal View Post
I mean a size or two bigger. Is there really a size 24?
Haha, no, I think it only goes as low as 30.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

I got a pair of Everlast MMA shorts and they were sized pretty good. I bought a large and they are about the size I like. not too short but also not real baggy. I thought I'd need a XL but ordered the large for Muay Thai.
Those Camo shorts look to have good velcro closure and most have a tie on the inside for tightening so you're better off ordering your size.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-04-2010, 04:38 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I got a pair of Everlast MMA shorts and they were sized pretty good. I bought a large and they are about the size I like. not too short but also not real baggy. I thought I'd need a XL but ordered the large for Muay Thai.
Those Camo shorts look to have good velcro closure and most have a tie on the inside for tightening so you're better off ordering your size.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. Just got a call from Brian Patton (he runs the store for Matt) & he said that the last pair of 32s were just sold yesterday . He'll be sending 'em to me once the new shipment gets in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.