Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
That is awesome. My parents had been married for 25 years when my dad passed away. My grandparents celebrated their 55th the month before my grandfather passed. I grew up being taught that marriage is really until death. We promises God that. I hope I make it to celebrate 50 years with my hubby.
Thats Exactly what I believe...Thats, I believe what the Sacrement is all about. It IS about sharing your lives together until one of you Goes home. I mean My Nan, she's been married three times.

The first time she was young, she went for a lavish wedding, a beautiful church wedding... she married a guy and within a decade they had devorced...it wasnt done at that time! It was an absolute scandle, that meant when she met my GrandFather, they wouldnt let her re-marry in a Church.

She and He married in a Registry office. But she must have spent a good fifty years with him, if not more. She was with him until he died of Cancer. Several years later, she got married a third time...I'm sorry to say that the guy she married died within a couple of years...you have to understand, Men dont usually live as long the females...He basically died of old age, He fell, broke his hip, and never recovered, it was one ailment after another, until he died. She is now about the same age as The Queen, late Eighties.

The point is...its not about the lavish ceremony...its about the committment between two people, and moreover its about the blessing from GOD. I'll be VERY honnest with what I'm about to say. I reckon a good proportion of marriages break down, because the people were never in a marriage to begin with. A marriage isnt a ceremony, its a blessing from GOD...you cant create it, and a good proportion of married people arent Christian...well, all they really have is a church service and a few legal strokes of the pen...they arent destined to succeed because GOD quite possibly did not bless their marriage in the first place. I think its very few and far between that a Blessed Christian Marriage breaks down. I think it does happen, but very rarely...I think the majority either break down because of mental health issues in some way, shape, or form....Or the sin of adultory...Now in that case, the marriage is annulled....Why you ask?

GOD accepts devorce in cases of Adultory because he has already said the punishment for adultory is death, and death would free the legitamate partner from the bonds of marriage. Of Course...I think a Christian Couple would try to work through that, but I'm just saying I could understand that.

You find when couples have been together for half a century or so, they really couldnt do it without the other half anyway, this happens in both the Human and Animal Kingdom. We had a pair of Chinchillas in Lincoln called Roland and Samantha, they were given to us, they live for about 25 to 30 years, and they mate for life. Roland and Samantha had many little babies, which were delightful to watch and see....then one day Roland died of heart Failure, being a very old rodent, its considered an old age natural death.

Samantha had a really profound response. Once Roland was removed from the cage and not put back. She stopped eating. Then she sat in her sandbox and pined away. a week or so later, she had died also, of a broken heart. If there is that level of passion in rodents...then there is more of that in Human beings. Those who live together for so long, it isnt uncommon for them to die soon after each other. it happened in our family a year or so ago. Eileen married David, she was in her 80s, she died about 6 months after him. She simply lost the will to live.

You see it happen in Seniors occasionally. The other time I witnessed something like this was at Saint Paul's Cathedral. In the Quire are many Stalls, and these Stalls were originally owned by the land owners, when the feudal system collapsed they were replaced with priests who had done something substantial for the Cathedral, like all positions of the time, these people had life Tenure...until that was revoked in the early 1990s. Many voluntarily retired, and all new Prebendaries lose their seats at retirement age. One day I turned up after opening the Cathedral, to find a very old guy sitting in one of the stalls. He remained their, in that stall all day...about Eleven Hours. They told me he was the last Prebendary with a life Tenure, and he had decided that he was going to give it up at the end of the day. His name was Chad Varah, he founded the telephone support Group called "The Samaritans"

this was in 2005....and one of my friends said as we closed the cathedral down at the end of evensong "now he will go away and die"

Chad Varah fell asleep November 8th 2007, after a spell in hospital. He was NINETY FIVE years old!

November is the Kingdom Season in the Liturgical Callendar, it is the Season of the Dead. He died litterally the week after The Festival of all Saints (1st) and All Souls (3rd)...but before the season turned to the War Dead (11th) it couldnt have been better scripted in a poetic fashion. Just like my Gran who died of terminal cancer. She wanted to die on Good Friday, but she also wanted to wait to say good bye to me, and I was working in Leeds at the time on holiday from University. I didnt get to her bedside untill very late on the Friday.

She died on Easter Sunday of that year. Essentially, the perfect day to rise

Last edited by Tyburn; 07-30-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
[SIZE="3"]
oh.......and of course......for having ME!!!!

I'm sure I was the best thing to ever happen to my parents too

Old 07-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well I have been round, I waited til seven because I know they like early nights which means early to dinner. When I got down the street I noticed there car was still there...so I thought, never matter I'll just knock on the door and present it to them there. So I rang the door bell and knocked but there was no answer. So I thought maybe they had gone out for a walk, or gone somewhere close within walking distance so they can have a drink (leaving the car at home) So I let myself in, and as I got through the ante-chambre ....

I so thought that story was going to end different
Old 07-30-2010, 09:25 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
I so thought that story was going to end different