Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking Wedding Anniversary

today is my parents 32nd Wedding Anniversary! I think in this day and age thats quite a long time to be married isnt it obviously previous generations that are still alive are likely to have double the length...but anything younger then 55, to still be married after that long is a huge achievement in this society methinks.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
today is my parents 32nd Wedding Anniversary! I think in this day and age thats quite a long time to be married isnt it obviously previous generations that are still alive are likely to have double the length...but anything younger then 55, to still be married after that long is a huge achievement in this society methinks.
Agreed. December will mark 35yrs for my parental units.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Agreed. December will mark 35yrs for my parental units.
I think its lovely.

I think they will go out in the next half hour for a meal by themselves. So I'm going to pop round whilst they are out and set up my little display on their new table. I got a handmade/homemade card for them, I have got some flowers, and I also have a tiny bottle of Champs for them I shall set it up neatly and then leave. They will get back at the end of the night when its all over feeling gloomy that its all over...and it will cheer them up

Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Miss Foxy

Congratulations for them!! Toast!! Toast!! Marriage is so beautiful!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Congratulations for them!! Toast!! Toast!! Marriage is so beautiful!!!
Well I have been round, I waited til seven because I know they like early nights which means early to dinner. When I got down the street I noticed there car was still there...so I thought, never matter I'll just knock on the door and present it to them there. So I rang the door bell and knocked but there was no answer. So I thought maybe they had gone out for a walk, or gone somewhere close within walking distance so they can have a drink (leaving the car at home) So I let myself in, and as I got through the ante-chambre my Father came down the stairs. So I asked him how come they didnt answer the door and he said they thought I was a JW or something So anyway, he said that they had planned on dinner, but he was waiting for Mother to get off the phone so they could actually go. We had a right old chinwag, then I left him still waiting in his finery for Mother...they told me they were going to Rudding Park to celebrate, then they are going on a day trip tommorow...back to the same hotel they went on their honeymoon too apparently they actually came to yorkshire for their honeymoon coz they neither had any money, they went somewhere near whitby so its not very far at all

Mother has since texted that they are on the way and a thankyou of course this is where they are off too, it looks quite nice http://www.ruddingpark.co.uk/clocktower-restaurant/
Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 AM

not one upping you, but a couple at my small church celebrated their 59th this week!!!!

can you believe that!!!

Wow
Old 07-30-2010, 02:45 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
not one upping you, but a couple at my small church celebrated their 59th this week!!!!

can you believe that!!!

Wow
That is awesome. My parents had been married for 25 years when my dad passed away. My grandparents celebrated their 55th the month before my grandfather passed. I grew up being taught that marriage is really until death. We promises God that. I hope I make it to celebrate 50 years with my hubby.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
That is awesome. My parents had been married for 25 years when my dad passed away. My grandparents celebrated their 55th the month before my grandfather passed. I grew up being taught that marriage is really until death. We promises God that. I hope I make it to celebrate 50 years with my hubby.
I hope so too!!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post

can you believe that!!!

Wow
Thats pretty fantastic isnt it!!

I believe Queen Elizabeth has been Married Sixty Three Years...SIXTY THREE YEARS??? thats more then Double my lifespan!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:11 PM
DonnaMaria

Congratulations to them Dave. That is really wonderful! What makes it even more wonderful is that, from what you have said about them, they seem so happy together. That is a blessing and truly a miracle. Especially in this age.

( My parents just marked their 42nd year together. Can't say that it was all good.......in fact I really can't say that any of it was good.......but I guess they get an A+ for hanging in there!

oh.......and of course......for having ME!!!!

Last edited by DonnaMaria; 07-30-2010 at 05:28 PM.