Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Exactly!! Then he can board the ship called "El Losers" the Captain is Matt Serra. These fools all talk a bunch of crap then can't produce in the octagon...

somebody needs to photoshop that...and throw Trigg on the boat as one of the deck-hands.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

somebody needs to photoshop that...and throw Trigg on the boat as one of the deck-hands.
Lmao yup that idiot can sing " yo ho yo ho it's a pirates life for me."
Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
how has anderson disrespected the fans? cuz he fought guys who weren't willing to fight him? one guy who flopped in the floor at every opp and the other guy who was scared out of his mind when he felt anderson's punches? ..
Damian Meia...# of ppv fans who paid to watch a FIGHT, and got crap in the process. Anderson knew what he was doing....HE DIDN'T CARE.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
That is such a hater's argument.

That is so subjective it's ridiculous, and I've already beaten that idea to a pulp in numerous threads, but it just irritates the Silva haters.
I don't care if you think I'm a hater, JB, as if even matters

And THAT is being subjective in itself...your contraposition on Chael makes you a hater as well

Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I don't care if you think I'm a hater, JB, as if even matters

And THAT is being subjective in itself...your contraposition on Chael makes you a hater as well
Yeah, and I've openly admitted about a million times on these forums that we are all haters. You don't have to care what I think, I'm just calling it like I see it.

At least Chael Sonnen gives people a good reason to hate on him. Silva haters just nitpick him for his style. I'll take a guy like Silva who may act flashy from time to time over a guy like Sonnen who goes out on a limb to bash every fighter under the sun just to make his name relevant.

Quote:
Damian Meia...# of ppv fans who paid to watch a FIGHT, and got crap in the process. Anderson knew what he was doing....HE DIDN'T CARE.
To each his own, but I know I didn't feel "disrespected", and I thought we did watch a fight... I wonder if Maia felt like he had been in a fight?

I suppose it's only a fight if you jump in somebody's guard. Then when you lose for making a dumb mistake, they just say you were you nothing but hype...like Fedor.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Yeah, and I've openly admitted about a million times on these forums that we are all haters.
Then think of an original way toward a counter argument next time

Quote:
At least Chael Sonnen gives people a good reason to hate on him. Silva haters just nitpick him for his style. I'll take a guy like Silva who may act flashy from time to time over a guy like Sonnen who goes out on a limb to bash every fighter under the sun just to make his name relevant.
Sonnen acts like a doorknob, yes, but he has not wasted anyone's time DURING a presentation that people have PAID for. It's one thing to say this, and say that, but when a prick like Anderson Silva makes you regret the PPV buy because he isn't taking his fight seriously, then to me that is disrespecting the fans.

Quote:
To each his own, but I know I didn't feel "disrespected", and I thought we did watch a fight... I wonder if Maia felt like he had been in a fight?

I suppose it's only a fight if you jump in somebody's guard. Then when you lose for making a dumb mistake, they just say you were you nothing but hype...like Fedor.
What I am saying is Chael HAS disrespected fellow fighters, but NOT fellow fighters AND the fans. Anderson is a clown, and much of what Chael has said is true...and he is hyping the fight, Lord knows no one cared a lick about any of his last 5 fights against non-contender material in the first place.

People want to see this one. Anderson should be thanking Chael for that.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Miss Foxy

Ok I don't feel disrespected watching Anderson fight.. Hmm I see a bunch of "fighters" run from him in the cage and also lay on their backs like turtles to prevent any stand up!! That's very comedic!!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Then think of an original way toward a counter argument next time

Sonnen acts like a doorknob, yes, but he has not wasted anyone's time DURING a presentation that people have PAID for. It's one thing to say this, and say that, but when a prick like Anderson Silva makes you regret the PPV buy because he isn't taking his fight seriously, then to me that is disrespecting the fans.

What I am saying is Chael HAS disrespected fellow fighters, but NOT fellow fighters AND the fans. Anderson is a clown, and much of what Chael has said is true...and he is hyping the fight, Lord knows no one cared a lick about any of his last 5 fights against non-contender material in the first place.

People want to see this one. Anderson should be thanking Chael for that.
It is what it is, I don't get mad when people say I'm being a hater towards a certain fighter or athlete. However, I also don't go out of my way to do it. When it comes to Anderson Silva, I don't personally understand where all the venom and hate comes from. Chael Sonnen makes it really easy to understand, because he deliberately puts himself out there to get people to talk about him. He knows that the things he says will rub people the wrong way, but he does it anyway just for attention.

Words are black and white. Very easy to pick apart and understand. However, feints and chest-bumping in an athletic competition are not.

It's not as simple as saying, "Silva deliberately disrespected the fans", which is what a lot of people try to insinuate or flat out believe.

If Silva is REALLY disrespecting fans like you by acting like a "clown", then Chael Sonnen is disrespecting the intelligence of fans like me by proving that you can in fact run your mouth right into relevance in this sport. The "antics" of Silva are no different than lots of fighters over the history of fighting, but to hear some of you describe him you would think he was "Tiller the Baby Killer". Meanwhile, Sonnen has done basically nothing in this sport and he gets a pass for crapping all over guys who are legends. Sorry, but I'm old school, you gotta EARN the right to run your mouth, and he ain't done that yet. Silva has earned that right, but he doesn't bother with it, so he gets crapped on for that. It's ridiculous.

Like I said though, I really hope Sonnen wins and Silva leaves the UFC, or if Silva wins it better be by first round KO, preferably in the first 30 seconds, otherwise people are just gonna continue to be butt-hurt that he is still around.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
If Silva is REALLY disrespecting fans like you by acting like a "clown", then Chael Sonnen is disrespecting the intelligence of fans like me by proving that you can in fact run your mouth right into relevance in this sport.
Here's the dif...Chael runs his mouth and it costs me zero bucks. Anderson insults me because he is acting like he doesn't even care....whilst wasting OUR money. That's why he's an arrogant dink.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Sonnen has done basically nothing in this sport and he gets a pass for crapping all over guys who are legends. Sorry, but I'm old school, you gotta EARN the right to run your mouth, and he ain't done that yet. Silva has earned that right, but he doesn't bother with it, so he gets crapped on for that. It's ridiculous.
Anderson has talked plenty O' smack, just does it differently. He has been disrespectful to his fighters inside the ring and even after the fight. I'm not sure Chael has ever done that. Anderson is classless, Chael is a bonehead but he WANTS to fight, has proven such in all his fights by engaging his opponent.... Anderson wants to collect a paycheck and obviously doesn't respect his competition

I hope Chael shames him.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Here's the dif...Chael runs his mouth and it costs me zero bucks. Anderson insults me because he is acting like he doesn't even care....whilst wasting OUR money. That's why he's an arrogant dink.

Anderson has talked plenty O' smack, just does it differently. He has been disrespectful to his fighters inside the ring and even after the fight. I'm not sure Chael has ever done that. Anderson is classless, Chael is a bonehead but he WANTS to fight, has proven such in all his fights by engaging his opponent.... Anderson wants to collect a paycheck and obviously doesn't respect his competition

I hope Chael shames him.
I argued the same thing with Dave, and he didn't get it either. It's cool though.

You and the other haters have very selective memories when it comes to Anderson Silva. I sense butt-hurt over Franklin or Griffin....

Here's to Chael Sonnen winning and Silva leaving the UFC because he is an EVIL man who STEALS people's money...Then we can get guys who WANT to fight (instead of guys who know how)... Because we all know that guys who don't jump in the guard of BJJ champion don't actually want to fight. I hear there is this great TV show where they find the BEST fighters...I'm sure they will replace Silva with a guy from that show in no time...