Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Stump Rules!

I just took it to the gym and listened to it for an hour.It worked fine.You think I should still put it in rice? I only have frozen, already cooked by the way

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I just took it to the gym and listened to it for an hour.It worked fine.You think I should still put it in rice? I only have frozen, already cooked by the way
Yeah, that rice wont help

Uncooked rice is dehydrated so it will suck up any moisture.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but it couldn't hurt to do it anyway..
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 AM
philips4

I washed my sons cell phone THREE times and it still worked! It was one of those cheapie pay as you go $9.99 phones..... of course if I even look at mine sideways it breaks! I think the more you pay for something the easier it breaks!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
I washed my sons cell phone THREE times and it still worked! It was one of those cheapie pay as you go $9.99 phones..... of course if I even look at mine sideways it breaks! I think the more you pay for something the easier it breaks!
Of course, and it always breaks one day past the warranty!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
i wash all kinds of things. I don't empty my husbands pockets. I don't know why but i feel like i'm being nosey if i dig in his pockets. if i hear something in there i'll look but i usually just assume he's emptied them. usually he just has $, knife and a knife sharpener.
If I'm washing it, it's public domain especially when he's left change in his pockets (or his comb, receipts, etc...) multiple times after I've repeatedly asked him to be sure his pockets are empty. Do you know how hard it is to retrieve something once it's fallen down the dryer lint trap opening? So now I've learned to check the pockets beforehand.

I have left kleenex in my jeans before and washed it (with something black). I tried just re-rinsing, but that didn't work--billion white pieces still stuck to clothes. If that ever happens to ya, use one of those sticky lint rollers.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:31 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I did a load of laundry today...cold water...when I opened the lid up to take the clothes out...there it was...my iPod Shuffle

I took the earplugs out and plugged it into my computer right away..they still worked

Plugged my Shuffle in to charge...within 10 minutes it was working

Have you washed anything that lived?
I washed my husband's MP3 player twice. The first time I thought it was dead but didn't want to throw it out so I put it in a drawer. A year later I read that you could dry them out. So I took his out, plugged it up to charge for 5 minutes and it came on! Well he had already gotten a new one and I washed it a short time later. This time I let it dry out of 2 weeks, not a year before trying to see if it would work and it did!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Stump Rules!

Wow, that's awesome!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
BamaGrits84

[QUOTE=Twinsmama;127197]i wash all kinds of things. I don't empty my husbands pockets. I don't know why but i feel like i'm being nosey if i dig in his pockets. if i hear something in there i'll look but i usually just assume he's emptied them. usually he just has $, knife and a knife sharpener.
[QUOTE]

After I washed my husband's MP3 player the 2nd time he ask why I don't check his pockets. I said "why don't you empty your own pockets?" he said "well i know 1 thing if it would've been a phone number you would have found it before you washed it!" wasn't sure to laugh because he is right or to be pissed that he would even joke of such a thing. or ? hum...
Old 07-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
i wash all kinds of things. I don't empty my husbands pockets. I don't know why but i feel like i'm being nosey if i dig in his pockets. if i hear something in there i'll look but i usually just assume he's emptied them. usually he just has $, knife and a knife sharpener.

sometimes my kids will leave gum in their pockets. they each have a little pocket knife w/ a flashlight attached. I think I"ve washed both of theirs a time or two and the flashlights have still worked.

oh and plenty of bud light bottle tops. don't know where they come from but they must be in someones pocket. i've found a bullet a couple different times in the washing machine. same thing-don't know how they got there. at least they didn't make it to the dryer
Rofl!!! I love it!! A bullet!!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:06 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Rofl!!! I love it!! A bullet!!
That was funny!

Sometimes I have little guys in school who like to "borrow" things from my classroom.......so I have to frisk them once in a while.

this one little man had 2 rubber bands,4 silly band bracelets ( does anyone else have experience with them? they are the local rage! ) part of a pop tart, a small stone, some dead flowers, his mother's contact lens case, some sweet tarts, and.......a Bud Light bottle cap

but no classroom stuff........he didn't have room I guess!

I can only imagine what his mother finds in the wash! He was definately a collector!