Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-21-2009, 09:43 PM

Default Thoughts on UFC 93

Many of us did not have the chance to discuss UFC 93. What are your thoughts.

Mine: I like both Hendo and Franklin, so it was hard for me to see Franklin lose. However, I do have to say I was pulling more for Hendo. I thought it was an excellent fight and would enjoy seeing a rematch as well.

For some reason I wanted Coleman to win. I was VERY upset to see both of them gassed so quickly. It's the second round and they are gasing? Very sad. I know both had "excuses." Coleman - dropped a weight class. Shogun - coming back from surgery and such.

Davis vs Lytle WOW is all I can say. Great fight.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
timmyja

Yeah, I'd really like to see Shogun get back to form, because the past two times I've shot my mouth off about how good he is, I've really looked like an a$$
Old 01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Moose

I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Man, Rich's eye looks NASTY. I loved the Davis/Lytle fight too, really a nice clinic put on there.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I really was not too excited about this card in the first place, but I thought it was decent. The Davis/Lytle fight was good, but the Shogun/Coleman fight was not only bad, but it was pointless to begin with.

I am not sold on Shogun, and I can't say that I really ever was. I did pick Shogun to beat Forrest, but I just don't think he has the warrior spirit that true champions have.

I think he fights because he is good at it and he can make money, not because he is truly driven to be a champion. Maybe I am wrong, and the guy is still young so it possible that he could turn things around, but I just don't see it.

I think if he fought Rampage again he would get knocked out.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride
Many of us did not have the chance to discuss UFC 93. What are your thoughts.

Mine: I like both Hendo and Franklin, so it was hard for me to see Franklin lose. However, I do have to say I was pulling more for Hendo. I thought it was an excellent fight and would enjoy seeing a rematch as well.

For some reason I wanted Coleman to win. I was VERY upset to see both of them gassed so quickly. It's the second round and they are gasing? Very sad. I know both had "excuses." Coleman - dropped a weight class. Shogun - coming back from surgery and such.

Davis vs Lytle WOW is all I can say. Great fight.
Most went the way I figured.. But Coleman and Shogun both looked that they need to get in better shape.. Coleman is 44.. not everyone can be Randy.. but he did look good..

Marcus rocked Da House!!!!

I don't see how a judge could have said Rich won that fight .. all three rounds.. I saw Rich losing the first.. but winning the second 2 rounds..
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Most went the way I figured.. But Coleman and Shogun both looked that they need to get in better shape.. Coleman is 44.. not everyone can be Randy.. but he did look good..

Marcus rocked Da House!!!!

I don't see how a judge could have said Rich won that fight .. all three rounds.. I saw Rich losing the first.. but winning the second 2 rounds..

So you thought Rich should have won the fight? I agreed with Dan when he says he felt he (Dan) won the first two rounds and Rich could have won the third.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I think its about time Fighters got punished for being uncoordinated.

A headbutt and an eye poke in so many rounds, not warned, and then seems suprised when one Judge penalizes him. I think Judges should be allowed to remove points even if low blows and illegal strikes are accidents...its still a mistake, it can still change the course of a match.

I've withdrawn my support from Dan Henderson. I'm going to wait and see what TUF reveals. I dont take issue with the decision...but I watched the replay, and I think the eyepoke was deliberate...or maybe a product of negligence.

I cant believe that Lytle lost...but I did say I believed that would be the match of the night.

As for Rua...yes...poor show, but I think Coleman did fine considering his age.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
I dont think thats what the judge was saying. I think the judge was deducting points from Henderson because he made so many illegal strikes. That would rule out rounds one and three...and round two was Franklin

et viole...three rounds to Franklin

Its not accurate...BUT it raises a good point, when the Refs are no longer penalizing fighters, I think the Judges should. You watch, if the insitution were to use this to highlight fighter saftey...the amount of low blows and illegal strikes are on the rise...its only a matter of time before a fighters career is ended by an accidental eyepoke or something...Regardless of whether its deliberate or not...its still a mistake...its about time it qualified as a loss of points.

I was so angered by this I was half way through writing an article about it
Old 01-22-2009, 01:12 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I enjoyed the card. The Lytle/Davis fight was awesome, with both throwing so much power, but from different bases (brawler vs. boxer).

I was bummed about Jeremy's loss, though. He's prolly gonna get dropped from the UFC now. Anyone happen to notice who was in his corner, btw? :whistle:

I thought Kang would KTFO Alan. Whoops.

The 1st round of Rua/Coleman was fun. After that, I just kept waiting for Pete Williams to run in, shove Rua out of the way & kick Coleman in the face.

I thought Rich won the fight. Can't really say why, specifically, but I thought he did, 29-28.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Hughes_GOAT

cards like this is why i watch online for free now.