Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
ufcfan2

Default Kings of Leon

Not sure if anyone on this board is a fan of this band,but they ended up cancelling their STL. concert after 3 songs due to 'pigeon poop'. Seems that there were some pigeons pooping on the bassists head and didn't like it,so they cancelled the show due to 'safety issues'..
They've been taking some flak over this,but they say to blame the venue for the incident?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:56 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Old 07-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking

Here is their explaination

Kings Of Leon was forced off-stage after being blasted by bird droppings.

The American rockers were three songs in during their gig in St Louis, Missouri, when they had to cancel the show after the attack by a number of pigeons in the rafters above.

Bassist Jared Followill was hit several times during the first two songs, including once in the face.

"I was hit by pigeons on each of the first three songs - we had 20 songs on the set list, by the end of the show, I would have been covered from head to toe," he told CNN.

He added: "The last thing I was going to do was look up, but if that was only a couple, we must have caught them right after a big Thanksgiving dinner."

The band, who are due to play at the V Festival next month, issued a statement of apology to fans.

Manager Andy Mendelsohn of Vector Management also said: "Jared was hit several times during the first two songs. It's not only disgusting - it's a toxic health hazard. They really tried to hang in there."

Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Ricky

Smile

I love that band, lol, but that is funny !!