Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 07-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Buzzard

Default Animal Planet Animal Hoarding show.

My vet was on the show Wednesday night in the part where a lady was hoarding dogs. It was cool to see her there. I thought they would show another person from her office as some film was shot there, but she didn't make the cut.

Has anyone seen any of that series?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 PM

I haven't seen it yet but I love the Animal Planet and I'm planning on watching.

My surgeon was the star in several episodes of Code Blue and Trauma: Life in the ER - it's so weird seeing him on tv...
Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 PM

I haven't seen it yet either. To tell the truth I didn't know if I wanted to watch it. I saw a preview commercial the other day--lady with lots and lots of cats.

I'm sure it will be just as shocking as the regular hoarding show.

Hey, my doctor has been on some medical shows too, I think on Discovery or Discovery Health channel. He reconstructed this lady's face. Her boyfriend shot her in the face. In another show this lady had this humungous tumor in her jaw/neck and he was able to successfully remove it. Gave both of them back their lives so to speak.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-23-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:53 PM

Bonnie! Sistah! You watch the Hoarders show.

I am fascinated by that program (although it drives me crazy!). I just can't get over those people that FILL their house with stuff - usually kind of junky stuff. And often pick that stuff over their own family!!

Hoo boy.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hey, my doctor has been on some medical shows too, I think on Discovery or Discovery Health channel. He reconstructed this lady's face. Her boyfriend shot her in the face. In another show this lady had this humungous tumor in her jaw/neck and he was able to successfully remove it. Gave both of them back their lives so to speak.
It's reassuring, isn't it? Of course, I saw him on the show after he had done my surgery. It was total serendipity, I was flipping through the channels one insomniacal (is that a word?) night and there he was.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Bonnie! Sistah! You watch the Hoarders show.

I am fascinated by that program (although it drives me crazy!). I just can't get over those people that FILL their house with stuff - usually kind of junky stuff. And often pick that stuff over their own family!!

Hoo boy.
I know, it's really awful isn't it. I think there is some kind of underlying pychological thing going on with these people. Like they're trying to fill something inside themselves that's missing--you know what I mean? Breaks my heart.

And to see all that stuff, just piles and piles; it's just incredible.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
It's reassuring, isn't it? Of course, I saw him on the show after he had done my surgery. It was total serendipity, I was flipping through the channels one insomniacal (is that a word?) night and there he was.
Kind of a sad note about my doctor. About three years ago he was at some property of his doing some clearing. I think he was in something similar to Danny's (Silverback) little gizmo, but maybe without the cage. Anyway, long story short, a tree fell back on him, ended up paralyzing him from the waist down. But I think he has gotten some feeling back in his legs; I don't know to what extent though. He is still able to practice and do some types of surgery (I think)--just not some of the kinds he did before. When I heard about what happened, I was really sad for him and especially sad for all those people he wouldn't be able to help. I think he's one of those special people that was meant to be a doctor, that that is his calling in this life....to give others back what they thought they'd never have again.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Stump Rules!

I saw about 15 seconds of it. I almost puked. I don't, and won't, watch those kinds of shows

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-24-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I saw about 15 seconds of it. I almost puked. I don't, and won't, watch those kinds of shows
Which one did you watch--animal or regular?

It was crazy seeing the amount of stuff people could collect and fit in their house. I don't know if I can watch people do that with animals, in their houses, especially if they're not taking care of them because of the sheer numbers.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Stump Rules!

Animal.
I've seen the house hoarder one and got a few good chuckles...then realized what a bitch I was and just don't watch it anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Which one did you watch--animal or regular?

It was crazy seeing the amount of stuff people could collect and fit in their house. I don't know if I can watch people do that with animals, in their houses, especially if they're not taking care of them because of the sheer numbers.

http://stumpdotcom.com/