Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default



Did you know the cost of living is almost double over here in England

My money went for MILES in the US even in the big cities

but I never tried buying a pink bat
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
but I never tried buying a pink bat


Dave, when you come back to the states, you need to come out west. I feel bad that we didn't get to hang out when you were in Chicago because I ended up having to move back to Arizona.

I seriously would love to take you to a game, be it baseball, basketball, or American Football, and get your reaction to the way we are over here. I think that would be both entertaining and interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-22-2010, 01:34 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post


Dave, when you come back to the states, you need to come out west. I feel bad that we didn't get to hang out when you were in Chicago because I ended up having to move back to Arizona.

I seriously would love to take you to a game, be it baseball, basketball, or American Football, and get your reaction to the way we are over here. I think that would be both entertaining and interesting.
Ooo, make sure he gets to see a drunken fight!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post


Dave, when you come back to the states, you need to come out west. I feel bad that we didn't get to hang out when you were in Chicago because I ended up having to move back to Arizona.

I seriously would love to take you to a game, be it baseball, basketball, or American Football, and get your reaction to the way we are over here. I think that would be both entertaining and interesting.
Arizona is on my list for 2012 ADT3 clear your diary for mid march of that year I'll be in touch

My key states for ADT3 2012 are Virginia Florida, Alabama, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada California Washington State Idaho, Illinois. Obviously I wont get off the train in some states...but I plan on my biggest tour yet.

ADT4 will follw in 2013 but that will just be a short couple of days around new york and new jersey.

Then I think my American Dreams will be more or less complete
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post


Did you know the cost of living is almost double over here in England

My money went for MILES in the US even in the big cities

but I never tried buying a pink bat
Wonder if bats cost more or less over there...maybe you could check for me?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-22-2010, 03:02 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

The last time I was at Dodger stadium I spent the whole freakin' time trying to explain baseball to an English lady. They don't even have baseball there
Doubt they have a pink bat


Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Wonder if bats cost more or less over there...maybe you could check for me?
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
The last time I was at Dodger stadium I spent the whole freakin' time trying to explain baseball to an English lady. They don't even have baseball there
Doubt they have a pink bat
I was wondering about that.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Wonder if bats cost more or less over there...maybe you could check for me?
I assume you mean a cricket bat I can go look in the sports shops if you want me too
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-22-2010, 10:32 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

I told you Bamagrits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I was wondering about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I assume you mean a cricket bat I can go look in the sports shops if you want me too
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I told you Bamagrits
well...we call cricket bats and baseball bats the same things...I assume they are...but we dont play baseball, just like England doesnt do wrestling either...those sports are practically non existant over here...Baseball, never, wrestling, only in some kind of special gymnasium

Sorry...I could still look for bats though
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.