Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-20-2010, 08:44 PM
BamaGrits84

Default Just An Observation

I used to play softball when I was a teenager (about 10-12 years ago) and my mom bought all my equipment. Well now I've decided to play on our church co-ed league and I'm looking at bats, gloves, bat bags, and batting gloves and I realzied things are way more expensive when we have to buy them ourselves! I wish my mommy still bought my stuff!

It's not just sports stuff. It's clothes and tuition and 500,000 other things. I hope my kids don't say one word today about being ready to grow up or I might cry and beg them never to say that again so they don't end up like me so fast...desperately searching ebay for a bat because instead of getting the $300 you want you have to pay the cost of growing up - like power, food, and daycare.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 AM
Stump Rules!

Get a second job perhaps? That's what I would do

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Not sure if you have a "Play it Again Sports" anywhere around where you live, but they sell used stuff that always pretty reasonable.

Or, and this may sound silly, but I happened to be looking the other day and even Wal-Mart has some decent stuff for cheap. I usually shop at Sports Authority for balls, clothes, and workout gear, and the last time I looked at the price of bats and gloves at that place I definitely felt some sticker shock, lol
Old 07-21-2010, 03:45 AM
Stump Rules!

I remember dumping a brand new pair of roller blades at one of these places because they made me fall down...at the beach...in front of everyone
You can get almost brand new stuff for cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Not sure if you have a "Play it Again Sports" anywhere around where you live, but they sell used stuff that always pretty reasonable.

Or, and this may sound silly, but I happened to be looking the other day and even Wal-Mart has some decent stuff for cheap. I usually shop at Sports Authority for balls, clothes, and workout gear, and the last time I looked at the price of bats and gloves at that place I definitely felt some sticker shock, lol

Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I remember dumping a brand new pair of roller blades at one of these places because they made me fall down...at the beach...in front of everyone
You can get almost brand new stuff for cheap!
Lollerblades...

I remember the first time I put on rollerblades thinking that because I could Ice Skate that I would just take off running. I ended up on my butt, lol
Old 07-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Stump Rules!

Well I was a very good ice & roller skater in the 7th & 8th grade. I don't know what the problem was

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Lollerblades...

I remember the first time I put on rollerblades thinking that because I could Ice Skate that I would just take off running. I ended up on my butt, lol

Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 AM
County Mike

I just use someone else's bat from the team. Let them drop the loot.

As for inline skating - I rock! Better at ice skating though, thanks to many many years of ice hockey.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I just use someone else's bat from the team. Let them drop the loot.

As for inline skating - I rock! Better at ice skating though, thanks to many many years of ice hockey.
But they won't buy the cute pink Bass one I want. Nike should have a pink softball bat. Nike bats aren't that expensive but none of them are the colors I want.

And just wondering does anyone know the differences between fast and slow pitch gloves?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Get a second job perhaps? That's what I would do
It's not that serious. I'm not going to take time away from my kids to get a second job just so I can have a pretty bat.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
But they won't buy the cute pink Bass one I want.
Women!