Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Load Option

Default Hughes vs Shields

After Hughes victory over Almeida do you think they will give Matt the 1st chance to take on Shields in the UFC?
Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Load Option View Post
After Hughes victory over Almeida do you think they will give Matt the 1st chance to take on Shields in the UFC?
naw they'll give Shields someone else first. they are going to fasttrack Jake to a title shot. I'd love to see shields vs Hughes cause then Matt could lay some payback on Jake for the Robbie fight

[
Old 07-17-2010, 02:16 AM

...err...I can't see Matt vs Shields in the future. I don't think Matt is going for another title run, just big fights. Looking forward to him crushing Almeida.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
naw they'll give Shields someone else first. they are going to fasttrack Jake to a title shot. I'd love to see shields vs Hughes cause then Matt could lay some payback on Jake for the Robbie fight
Then I think the fight makes PERFECT sense. The fastrack (if he doesn't get smacked down), should go through a couple of these Matt/Fitch/Alvis/Kos then to GSP. I think Shields gets beat before he reaches the top anyhow. And like you mentioned --- I would love Matt to be the one to do it. Tell me Matt wouldn't enjoy notching a "W" over an undefeated buck like that on his resume before his career is over.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Load Option View Post
no
Old 07-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHLERZ5 View Post
Tell me Matt wouldn't enjoy notching a "W" over an undefeated buck like that on his resume before his career is over.
um Shields is not undefeated, he has lost 4 times , his last loss was in 2004 though. With that being said I dont think Shields will or should fight Matt. Like someone else said, Shields is gonna be given a title shot after 1 or 2 fights in order to bring some change to the WW div. I think his first fight is gonna be Kampmann and then after that he will prob get Hardy or someone on that level and then a title shot.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Yes...they might try fast tracking...you can tell that he is to be preserved when initially he was to be a middleweight but the management decided that was...too dangerous for him
Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yes...they might try fast tracking...you can tell that he is to be preserved when initially he was to be a middleweight but the management decided that was...too dangerous for him
I think it had more to do with the fact that the WW div needs a new face worse than the MW div does.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I think it had more to do with the fact that the WW div needs a new face worse than the MW div does.
I do hope that wasnt a dig at Georges Saint Pierre

Old 07-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I do hope that wasnt a dig at Georges Saint Pierre

not at all. There are still people in the MW div that Silva has not fought that are top contenders, Sonnen, Vitor, Wandy and you can throw Okami in there since he was the last to beat Silva. GSP on the other hand has beat all the top guys in the WW div aside from Kampmann so it makes sense that the UFC would move Shields to the WW div to add a new face to the div.