Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Nate just curious

Aside from Palin's religious views matching your own why would you vote for her?
because she can see russia from her house .. kidding .. i actually think she would make a decent pres, better than hilary .... she was given a real hard time and people targeted her because she was female ... and the media never let up on her at all ...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
County Mike

Somebody mention Dolly Parton?

Not bad for an older gal.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Somebody mention Dolly Parton?

Not bad for an older gal.
She's 98% recycleable!

[
Old 02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
She's 98% recycleable!
Good for the environment.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I've seen a little of Huckabee on his show and he comes across as very common sensical. I like that!

It would be refreshing to see someone run who actually means what he says and says what he means and proves true blue after he's elected.
I think that Huckabee may be very cleverly building his popularity in the young voters on purpose right now. He appears on the Colbert Report fairly regularly, he's endorsed by Chuck Norris, he play the guitar regularly: he sounds like the new "hip" choice for 2012 if Obama tanks.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
because she can see russia from her house .. kidding .. i actually think she would make a decent pres, better than hilary .... she was given a real hard time and people targeted her because she was female ... and the media never let up on her at all ...
I believe that she was targeted because she was ignorant and showed her true ignorant self when she was interviewed. I could go on but I won't.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Josh

I really don't care for Huckabee. I would love to see someone like Tancredo or Brownback but I know that a true conservative has no chance at this point unless Obama REALLY screws things up.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I really don't care for Huckabee. I would love to see someone like Tancredo or Brownback but I know that a true conservative has no chance at this point unless Obama REALLY screws things up.

A true conservative only represents a small portion of the population. Difficult to get someone elected who the vast majority don't really agree with unless they are born with amazing oratory.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
A true conservative only represents a small portion of the population. Difficult to get someone elected who the vast majority don't really agree with unless they are born with amazing oratory.
Yeah, I think the way our society is going with "anything goes", unless the candidate is running with a "middle of the road" platform (even if that's not what he/she truly believes) then they're probably not going to get elected. If you're against gay marriage, illegal immigration, abortion, etc... you're probably not going to get elected president.

As far as I can see, it's all about the money...who can raise the most...or...has very rich friends with lots of power and lots and lots of money.

This is the first time in my life that I felt like it really didn't matter if I voted or not. It's not about them winning "our" votes; it's about who has the best handlers who know how to manipulate our political system (as it stands) to win their guy the race.

BTW, yes, I did vote.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I have been so busy the last couple days I have not had time to really check the forum, let alone engage in this discussion until now. I want to touch on a couple points that I have read.

Number one, John McCain is not only a great human being, but a great conservative, and a great AMERICAN. Anybody who thinks McCain is somehow a "bad conservative" when it comes to presidential politics is just inept to how presidential politics actually works. I did NOT vote for Obama, and I don't agree with all of his views, but up to this point (which is only 1 month in) he is governing just how a typical democratic president would govern. He is not only pushing the spending that WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD, but he has already downplayed the outcome of his actions, like any president would. It's something that we need to realize as Americans...campaign promises and presidential realities are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. Had John McCain been elected, he would be doing the same thing only with a different view. The conservative base who bashed McCain for not being "conservative enough" were largely ticked off about McCain's stance on immigration. Well, when the American people spoke, McCain reacted and he CHANGED his stance, so as to better represent the views of the American public. However, I will say, to the people who bashed McCain for his stance on the immigration bill that would have given "amnesty" to the 12 million illegal aliens, you really truly don't understand the depth of the issue because what McCain proposed was actually feasible and fair.

I'm sorry, but this idea that it's somehow a bad thing to be "in the middle of the road" on some topics is just ridiculous. In my opinion, if you find yourself agreeing with every single topic on either side of the political spectrum, you are either misguided or just drinking political kool-aid.

Sarah Palin? She would have been a great representative as VICE President. Do I think she has the savvy to actually be president? I'm honestly not sure. She is probably a little too "green" in the realm of politics to actually be taken seriously by the rest of the world. However, I think the bashing of her has been ridiculous and she is a lot better than most of the politicians in this country. People just need to hate so they can follow suit and show love to their side, even if it's not always "fair and balanced".

Now, I can't say the same about Joe Biden. If fact, I think he may be the biggest douchebag to ever be that close to the presidency, even though I'm sure somebody will have nice response about Dick Cheney...

Oh, and Dolly Parton RULES!!!

Last edited by J.B.; 02-26-2009 at 11:49 PM.