Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Franklin's Arm Healing Well; Cast Being Raffled

Title from CagePotato is "Pink Casts Have Extraordinary Healing Powers"
Quote:
According to Rich Franklin's business manager, J.T. Stewart the former UFC middleweight champion will not require surgery for the broken ulna he sustained in his UFC 115 knockout win over Chuck Liddell last month.
Stewart told MMAJunkie that Franklin could be back in the Octagon as soon as December.

"He needed to make sure it healed correctly," Stewart said. "He was feeling good. A few days before (the doctor's appointment), he was telling some people, 'I don't think I'm going to need surgery. It's feeling pretty good.'"

"If it hadn't healed correctly, they would have had to probably re-break or reset it and put it back in a big cast," Stewart said. "It would have been a setback."

Franklin is raffling off the pink cast that was removed this week and is signed by both himself and Liddell. Tickets are $5 each and are available via www.americanfighter.com. The proceeds will benefit breast cancer research through the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.

Although it's an odd piece of memorabilia, it's for a worthy cause. I don't know why, but I imagine a creepy Buffalo Bill-like superfan wearing it around the house along with a pair of fight-worn shorts and a self-inflicted shiner.

The replacement cast, Stewart says will stay on for another month and will prevent the perpetually active 35-year-old from weight training until it is removed.

"He's not real happy about that," Stewart said. "But it could have been worse."

Stewart says that his charge is chomping at the bit to get back into the Octagon and that the win over Liddell should raise Franklin's stock in the UFC's light heavyweight division.

"I think he's definitely motivated," Stewart said. "I think he was excited about how the (UFC 115) fight ended and that it was Chuck Liddell, a legend and Hall of Famer who's so well-respected. Rich respects him a lot."
Old 07-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

I remember the smell of my daughter's cast and leg after she broke her foot. No thanks, Rich. I love ya, but ew.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I remember the smell of my daughter's cast and leg after she broke her foot. No thanks, Rich. I love ya, but ew.

~Amy
Haha, I think this is my favorite line from the article:
Quote:
Although it's an odd piece of memorabilia, it's for a worthy cause. I don't know why, but I imagine a creepy Buffalo Bill-like superfan wearing it around the house along with a pair of fight-worn shorts and a self-inflicted shiner.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
one hopes they might wash it first...no