Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-25-2009, 05:36 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
We should all get used to it! Anything we criticize about this administration, the race card will be pulled

Quoted from Skynews: The cartoon featured Travis, a real-life chimpanzee which was shot last week by police in Connecticut, near New York, after attacking a woman. In the drawing, two policeman stand over the chimp's body. One said: "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."
Murdoch was making fun of the stimulus bill, but of course most blacks and liberals had to make it all about racism.

Since the stimulus package is Obama's brain child, they are drawing parallels between an African American and an ape, thus: racist. In this world you have to realize that there are some names you cant call some people. Saying Matt Hughes is like a gorilla on the wrestling mat would be ok, but call a black man a chimp is racist.

Call it a double standard or hypocritcal, but its a fact... if you dont believe me, come visit me in Philadelphia and start calling black guys monkeys and see what happens. It's like the Nword, they both are just groups of letters that form words but they are heavy words with deep historical negative conontations... and their history is not that far in our past.

This isnt this guys first offensive drawing either, he has received a lot of flack from the Jewish community from earlier cartoons.

Last edited by TheConcretekid; 02-25-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
Since the stimulus package is Obama's brain child, they are drawing parallels between an African American and an ape, thus: racist. In this world you have to realize that there are some names you cant call some people. Saying Matt Hughes is like a gorilla on the wrestling mat would be ok, but call a black man a chimp is racist.

Call it a double standard or hypocritcal, but its a fact... if you dont believe me, come visit me in Philadelphia and start calling black guys monkeys and see what happens. It's like the Nword, they both are just groups of letters that form words but they are heavy words with deep historical negative conontations... and their history is not that far in our past.

This isnt this guys first offensive drawing either, he has received a lot of flack from the Jewish community from earlier cartoons.
The problem with the cartoon is the exact same problem with your post... you took a cartoon based on a very recent news item and turned it into calling somebody a monkey. That to me, is a huge leap. The same leap made by the oh so vocal minorities. Nobody... absolutely NOBODY called Hussein anything.... the cartoon dosen't even IMPLY it's him.. Hussein didn't write the Stimulus bill.... many people of all races wrote it. To somehow make it all about Hussein is a reach... to make it a racial cartoon is an even bigger reach.

In your own post you compare the cartoon to using the word nigger. (Yes I typed it... does that make me a racist? Insensitive? If I typed Honkie would you care? Gook? Redskin?? I doubt it) Do you really think a cartoon with a chimp and a reference to a piece of legislation is the same thing as using the most inflamatory racial slur currently in our vocabulary??

That's just nuts.

Racism is a huge problem in America, especially here in the South where I live. When society exaggerates things like this cartoon into some sort of racial issue it only hurts the minorities. Ever hear of crying wolf? If we continue to make a big deal out of something with hardly any racial overtones to begin with then the real acts of racism will just become another drop in the bucket.
Racism is a problem that can and will be solved ONLY when people start being honest about it. We, as a society need to quit reaching and over-reacting to the little things and start paying attention to the real issues.

In my humble opinion.......
Old 02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
In your own post you compare the cartoon to using the word nigger. (Yes I typed it... does that make me a racist? Insensitive?

Yes, it does.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Black Mamba

I highly doubt racism will be solved. It's been around 70ish years since women were able to vote and less than 50 years since minorities were able to really do things in the US. We've came a long way, but we still have miles to go. I don't like the fact that colleges use affirmative action because imo I would rather be judged based on my qualifications not my race and gender. That's probably the one part of any application that I hate: what is your race and gender? None of your f-ing business.

But I do agree with you Chuck that people need to be honest about it. I would rather know upfront that someone doesn't like because I'm a n-word, an oreo, or any other racial slur that's applicable to me. Then I'll just leave and ignore your booty.

When I was four I had really hair brain wish. I used to wish that everyone could be stripped of their skin color so maybe then racism could bye-bye. But then other forms of racism would probably happen, such as eye color.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:46 AM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
based on a very recent news item and turned it into calling somebody a monkey. That to me, is a huge leap.

In your own post you compare the cartoon to using the word nigger.

In my humble opinion.......
1.) In the cartoon the police killed a monkey, in reference to a topical news story, yes. But then the speech bubble states that they need to find someone else to write the stimulus package, thus the now dead monkey was the originally behind the stimulus. Since we all know Pres. Obama was actually behind the stimulus package, this cartoon is drawing parallels between an African American and an ape. Racist.

2. No, you are ignorant* I compare calling a black person** an ape to calling a black person the Nword.

3. Look up the word humble

*Look up that word, because you probably don't know the actual meaning is and you think it is the same thing as arrogant.
**Let alone the President of the United States of America and the leader of the free world... but of course I'm talking to a guy who wont even refer to our leader as President Obama and instead uses his middle name as if to be witty and edgey in making some sort of muslim/terrorist connection.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Chuck

Quote:
1.) In the cartoon the police killed a monkey, in reference to a topical news story, yes. But then the speech bubble states that they need to find someone else to write the stimulus package, thus the now dead monkey was the originally behind the stimulus. Since we all know Pres. Obama was actually behind the stimulus package, this cartoon is drawing parallels between an African American and an ape. Racist.

2. No, you are ignorant* I compare calling a black person** an ape to calling a black person the Nword.

*Look up that word, because you probably don't know the actual meaning is and you think it is the same thing as arrogant.
**Let alone the President of the United States of America and the leader of the free world... but of course I'm talking to a guy who wont even refer to our leader as President Obama and instead uses his middle name as if to be witty and edgey in making some sort of muslim/terrorist connection.
1. Wrong. The cartoon is drawing a comparison to the authors of a horrible written stimulus plan and a dead chimp. Hussein didn't write the stimulus package. Perhaps you should look up the word ignorant? And even IF your assumption were true... it's comparing a dead chimp to our Caucasian President. I know it's hard to swallow but Hussein is just as much black as he is white. Now if they would have shot an Oreo cookie... THAT would have been racist

2. Wrong. Again. You drew the parellel between that cartoon and calling a black man a chimp. Hussein isn't black And he didn't write the stimulus package.

3. OK. Now what?

*Why would you assume anything about my intelligence? Didn't your Mom and Dad teach you about making assumptions? I'm well aware of the definiton of the word. I don't need to look any further then your post.

**So you're connecting his middle name Hussein with being a terrorist?? Who's the racist now?? Would you care if I referred to President Bush as Walker??? You don't have a problem with his middle name being Hussein do you?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:

I think the majority agrees with this.

If the cartoonist wanted to refer to a group of writers of the bill then he/she would have had a group of monkeys portrayed in the picture. He was representing the writer of the stimulus bill with one subject. Most people clearly associate Obama with being the leader/founder/pusher of the stimulus bill. It would be hard for anyone to say that it is a far reach to relate the monkey to Obama. And I would have a hard time believing that the cartoonist wasn't aware of that.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I think the majority agrees with this.

If the cartoonist wanted to refer to a group of writers of the bill then he/she would have had a group of monkeys portrayed in the picture. He was representing the writer of the stimulus bill with one subject. Most people clearly associate Obama with being the leader/founder/pusher of the stimulus bill. It would be hard for anyone to say that it is a far reach to relate the monkey to Obama. And I would have a hard time believing that the cartoonist wasn't aware of that.
So do you think it's racist then?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:33 AM
logrus

Quote:
I didn't find anything wrong with the picture it was the caption that pretty much sealed its fate.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
The cartoon? Well, hell yeah!