Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-25-2009, 04:56 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Yeah, when it comes to Bush, Nixon, Carter, Clinton, etc., it's all fair game. Because Obama is HALF black, it's like he's some sort of special case, it's BS.
You don't have to be a racist to see racism. Comparing poking fun at someone to drawing them as a monkey as a racial slur is what is the bullshyte here. That is like comparing apples and oranges. And you have never came across as lacking in the logic department so I think you totally get that.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
You don't have to be a racist to see racism. Comparing poking fun at someone to drawing them as a monkey as a racial slur is what is the bullshyte here. That is like comparing apples and oranges. And you have never came across as lacking in the logic department so I think you totally get that.
When politics get involved logic and common sense don't usually have a place at the table lol.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:01 PM
SupaDupaMod

It doesn't matter if you believe that race should or shouldn't be a factor in this or that Obama shouldn't get any special treatment because he is black. To a certain extent, I totally agree with that. But you can not say that racial slurs should be acceptable in the political battle arena. And you just can NOT ignore the fact that portraying Obama as a monkey is/will be considered racists.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Chuck

Quote:
To link the chimp in the cartoon to Hussein is an assumption to begin with...

with that being said... the artist only used a chimp because it was a timely and relevant news story....

you also don't have to be racist to imagine racism that's not even there....

or do you????
Old 02-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Huh? Are you hitting on me?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:05 PM
SupaDupaMod

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.....

If you don't want them playing the race card then don't play the ignorance card. Ignorance is no valid excuse. And to imply that people should not/would not make the connection between the monkey and racism is ignornance (even though it may have been intentional ignorance), IMO.

Just my thoughts though.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Chuck

Quote:
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.....

If you don't want them playing the race card then don't play the ignorance card. Ignorance is no valid excuse. And to imply that people should not/would not make the connection between the monkey and racism is ignornance (even though it may have been intentional ignorance), IMO.

Just my thoughts though.
I think the whole point of the thread/article was simply that due to Husseins race... he will be handled with kid gloves...

Nobody cares when you pick on a white guy..........

but half white guys need to be treated with kids gloves or else!!!

Last edited by Chuck; 02-25-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
CAVEMAN

We should all get used to it! Anything we criticize about this administration, the race card will be pulled

Quoted from Skynews: The cartoon featured Travis, a real-life chimpanzee which was shot last week by police in Connecticut, near New York, after attacking a woman. In the drawing, two policeman stand over the chimp's body. One said: "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."

Murdoch was making fun of the stimulus bill, but of course most blacks and liberals had to make it all about racism.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 PM
County Mike

Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
That's funny. A few years ago, Hispanics became the majority here in Texas. I'm going to start an organization so that I can start getting my free stuff. For example, if I commit a felony, I should be able to get my college paid for.